Camera questions

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I found the pro mode by swyping left. Also found the save raw in settings. But I can't find how to control the exposure and the aperture. The exposure seems to be stuck on auto. Haven't even found anything at all related to aperture.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Haven't even found anything at all related to aperture.

The aperture looking icon is actually the shutter speed control. A longer shutter time makes for brighter pictures, but can induce blur from camera shake. A shorter time gives crisper shots and can freeze action, but results in darker images if you don't have enough light.

There are no phones with actual aperture controls that I'm aware of. They all shoot "wide open", letting in the most light through the lens as possible.

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
The aperture looking icon is actually the shutter speed control. A longer shutter time makes for brighter pictures, but can induce blur from camera shake. A shorter time gives crisper shots and can freeze action, but results in darker images if you don't have enough light.

There are no phones with actual aperture controls that I'm aware of. They all shoot "wide open", letting in the most light through the lens as possible.

That makes sense. People keep telling me about how my phone is just as good as my camera for pictures. I can't agree. They are still have an extremely long way to go. I had planned to pick up a few lenses for if but I'll hold off on it.

I just wanted to take advantage of all light I had to use a higher f stop for more details. I prefer my pictures to be slightly darker. It just makes it easier for me to work with the raws later. I love the look on my guest faces when they glance at the new pictures I've printed.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree on shooting a little under exposed, even on my DSLR. Sometimes I'll expose normally just to see the difference, but I have a used beginner camera. Due to its age, I can't turn the ISO up much without a lot of noise, and can't afford long shutter speeds if I don't have my tripod handy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer