Kinda pissed. Three day old Blue Coral N7 dropped and screen cracks

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
& I have a UAG case on the way!!!!

The UAG Note 7 case is a complete fail from the start.
It has two microphone holes in the top, the phone only has one.
The UAG case was rushed out using inaccurate imaginary dimensions.
Also the see thru colors offer no padding for the glass back of the phones.
If you must get a UAG case for the Note 7 just order the solid black one, at least it has a little padding on the back.
I love UAG cases and have always used them on all my past phones but the Note 7 version is a complete failure.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think many of us, including me, are just careless with our phones. Why do they drop so often? I have dropped phones in the past and I think it is carelessness and people just stop focusing on the fact that these expensive items that we use so much are in our hands. I go back to what I asked in a previous thread: How many times have you dropped a glass you were drinking out of from your hand? I don't think I have ever dropped a glass but I have dropped my phone plenty.

Especially with these Note 7 phones, even in cases, one must make a conscious effort not to drop it.

anon(10000748)

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I think many of us, including me, are just careless with our phones. Why do they drop so often? I have dropped phones in the past and I think it is carelessness and people just stop focusing on the fact that these expensive items that we use so much are in our hands. I go back to what I asked in a previous thread: How many times have you dropped a glass you were drinking out of from your hand? I don't think I have ever dropped a glass but I have dropped my phone plenty.

Especially with these Note 7 phones, even in cases, one must make a conscious effort not to drop it.
I have fumbled many glasses in my day. I recently broke one in a bar. Quite embarrassing. I drop my phone like once a week lol I usually get the zagg shatter protection and it has saved my screen way more than once.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I ensure to treat my phone well even in a case. I haven't dropped a phone in a long time .. Or well .. I technically dropped my S7 Edge but I don't count that one because I dropped with it so .. It wasn't falling from my hand ^_^ lol.

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
The UAG Note 7 case is a complete fail from the start.
It has two microphone holes in the top, the phone only has one.
The UAG case was rushed out using inaccurate imaginary dimensions.
Also the see thru colors offer no padding for the glass back of the phones.
If you must get a UAG case for the Note 7 just order the solid black one, at least it has a little padding on the back.
I love UAG cases and have always used them on all my past phones but the Note 7 version is a complete failure.
The points you made are spot on. On the case it says Military grade or some garbage like that. When I spoke to the in store vzw rep today they said it's a bunch of bs and pure gimmick which worked on me. Let's see of UAG bucks up and sends out a better developed case

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
But you have to remember that insurance also handles if the phone is stolen, lost, totally destroyed or something else happens where the phone is beyond fixing. I have insurance on my phone and I always have it on my phones for this reason not so much because I think I will crack the screen.

My best friend got in a car accident (T-Bone) a year ago and his phone (I assume) flew out the car or something and was lost after the accident. If he didn't have insurance he would have been paying full retail for a new phone. Also since the phone wasn't found he couldn't even charge the other driver's insurance company for it because their was no proof he even had the phone in the car with him before the accident.

Insurance isn't just for cracked screens...

Agree

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to hear you already injured your new toy :(

I dropped mine earlier this morning, or rather fumbled it. It just got its Spigen slim armor clear case yesterday. Not saying it'll protect it from future fumbles and tumbles, but it came out in flying colors this time.

I had a UAG on my old note 4, loved it. Almost got one for the 7, looks like I won't be.

Posted via the Android Central App

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
That sucks. I refuse to buy a case with no or a very small lip
I'm really disappointed in it. It was the only case the vzw store had but you would have thought I would have ordered the Defender case before I bought the phone. It's my fault, I'm extremely hard on phones due to the nature of my work but I would have thought the case would have done a little better job at protecting this investment

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear you already injured your new toy :(

I dropped mine earlier this morning, or rather fumbled it. It just got its Spigen slim armor clear case yesterday. Not saying it'll protect it from future fumbles and tumbles, but it came out in flying colors this time.

I had a UAG on my old note 4, loved it. Almost got one for the 7, looks like I won't be.

Posted via the Android Central App
The reason I bought the UAG case was because I had it on my Note 3. I'm willing to bet I dropped that N3 50 times btw myself and my kids and every time it came out unscathed. Drops from 3,4,5 ft on concrete every which way, from the car to the ground from the kids and like I said every time it was beautiful.

I really think you AG decided to go for looks versus functionality on this case which really really sucks

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear. That stinks.

As for the case, edge screens are hard to protect well though. I suspect that many cases offer little protection for the Note 7 honestly, unless there is a cover or unless it is massively bulky with huge lips. It's a price to pay for an edge screen , and it's hard to deal with I think. Also, so many factors go into a drop (the angle ti fell/hit at , face down or not, surface it lands on, etc, etc) so it may be easy to blame the case, but I do suspect many cases might have troubles protecting edge phones.

I know it's not comforting to hear this, and I am sorry your screen cracked, that really stinks.

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
*this phone is beautiful, but so fragile*

Community - "put a case on it and hide its beauty"

*this phone broke despite being in a very secure case*

Community "put insurance on it"

*this phone costs more than any other flagship*

Community "add 40 for a case, 10 for a screen protector, and 200 for insurance plus the average 200 deductible"

Pretty phone that needs its beauty covered up costs 1300$?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
*this phone is beautiful, but so fragile*

Community - "put a case on it and hide its beauty"

*this phone broke despite being in a very secure case*

Community "put insurance on it"

*this phone costs more than any other flagship*

Community "add 40 for a case, 10 for a screen protector, and 200 for insurance plus the average 200 deductible"

Pretty phone that needs its beauty covered up costs 1300$?

I just put in a case and done :).

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
a6a3854fc15c774da881e6693ca41cb2.jpg

All I've got to say is "BS"

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear. That stinks.

As for the case, edge screens are hard to protect well though. I suspect that many cases offer little protection for the Note 7 honestly, unless there is a cover or unless it is massively bulky with huge lips. It's a price to pay for an edge screen , and it's hard to deal with I think. Also, so many factors go into a drop (the angle ti fell/hit at , face down or not, surface it lands on, etc, etc) so it may be easy to blame the case, but I do suspect many cases might have troubles protecting edge phones.

I know it's not comforting to hear this, and I am sorry your screen cracked, that really stinks.
You are absolutely on point with every point honestly. I can't forsee how any case can properly protect this device without obscuring the Edge screen. I guess only time will tell if another supplier can come up with a better case

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress