My pictures have become unrecognizable Different color lines on them

nickstoyz

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello, had my note 7 for 5 days. As of now I really don't like it. But for my problem, I take a pic and it looks fine. Then after a short time I go to check it out again in my gallery and the pic is so distorted with vertical thick lines. I had nothing like this when I first got it, all my pics before August 25th are fine, and I haven't changed any settings. I can take a pic and send it and its fine. I can view it after I take the pic and it looks fine. So I'm lost here, please help!

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
May be a bad SD card. I've seen distorted pictures saved on SD cards with thick grey lines that happen after a while.

Try saving pics to the phone internal storage for a week and see if it still shows up. If it doesn't, it's definitely your SD card issue.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Usually this means a bad SD card or the SD card could have gotten corrupted. This is why you're just now seeing the issue. I have seen it happen in the past when people stored them on a SD card.

Always remember to back your photos up to the cloud in case things like this happen you won't lose precious photos as it can definitely suck.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Set up Google Photos to back everything up to the cloud. Do it at full res for now if you need to keep the originals.

Set the camera up to save photos to internal storage. See if you can reproduce. If so, get a replacement and let someone else figure out what's wrong.

If you can't reproduce, format the SD card and try moving pics back to the SD card. See if you can reproduce. If so, try another SD card and repeat. If that's still doing it, get a replacement and let someone else worry about it.

SD cards have a limited amount of times they can be read from and written to. After a while, they just go tits up. This will happen to every SD card eventually. They're also cheap products that get turned out in huge numbers. When that happens, bad ones can slip through the cracks. Bad ones tend to not last very long at all. It could be that your SD card just lost some data somewhere or data is written to a bad spot on the card. Or it could be something in your phones software that is not reading the images after the media is scanned. Stranger things have happened. That would be a wild-*** random glitch that you will likely never see in any other phone ever again.

My gut says your SD card just needs to be formatted. That fixes most problems. But if you find that it is the SD card itself, just buy a new one. SD cards are replaceable — memories are not.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like the phone isn't for you and perhaps it might be defective. Return it if you can.

Don't be a butthole.

Dude is looking for advice from folks who might be able to help. I do that every day at least once. And I hate it when I run into a butthole and don't want to see it on our forums.

I don't know you and probably never talked to you before but I can tell you that you're better than that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non