Qatar Airways: switch off your Note 7 completely during flight. Don't charge.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Several airlines are doing this as a precaution. I took several flights between North America and the UK and within North America recently and every single flight they made the announcement.

note7s7edge

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I see nothing wrong with this. Actually I power down my phone on flights anyway. And I'm certainly not charging anything.
Well, I would have preferred not to be a rule breaker. And I would have prefered the rule to have been updated to apply only to the recalled batch of Note 7. Just wishing to use my $900 phone on the plane like the other folks.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Well, I would have preferred not to be a rule breaker. And I would have prefered the rule to have been updated to apply only to the recalled batch of Note 7. Just wishing to use my $900 phone on the plane like the other folks.

They are probably not informed. Sadly the media blowing it up out of proportion doesn't help Sammy either. I'm wondering when they will get a break.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

They're taking every precaution as they should. How do they know these new batch of Notes are safe? Because Samsung says so? That's not a good enough reason yet. It's going to take time. Until then, power down your phone