Cutoff date for exchange/return

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a cutoff date planned for folks to be able to return or exchange their phones? I am traveling for about the next 40 days for work and wont be home to return or exchange my Note 7. I don't carry with me a work.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if they start blocking IMEIs of the bad devices beginning this week. All documentation indicates 9/30 as a cutoff date.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Doubt anytime soon. There are still a lot of people that have not been able to swap yet due to supply issues. Samsung. Com customers are having a great time getting replacements.

I don't see IMEI getting blocked untill there's ample supply and there has been enough time provided for everyone to get them replaced. There will probably be a few messages to the ones holding out warning of phone being shut off to replace before they get shut off.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if they start blocking IMEIs of the bad devices beginning this week. All documentation indicates 9/30 as a cutoff date.
No. What documentation? I guarantee they have not cutoff the recall already.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
No. What documentation? I guarantee they have not cutoff the recall already.
I didn't say they cutoff the recall.. I'm referring to the various return policies for each provider.. generally speaking they all had verbiage to return the device "up to September 30th"... Of course that was with the voluntary recall...

Best buy "held" my reserved device until 9/30 - after that they couldn't guarantee they'd have one for me when I came in.

With the full recall - it appears with updates this morning that they are now extending the return period until Thanksgiving... Possibly longer...

Obviously - from a legal perspective they can't (or shouldn't) deny any device from being replaced.

Whether or not they charge someone additional fees for waiting past the 30th is up for debate...

Not sure why anyone still have these devices in hand and are actively using them as the recall has been out for quite a bit now..

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Not sure why anyone still have these devices in hand and are actively using them as the recall has been out for quite a bit now..

Samsung.com has yet to provide me with a way to return mine, although they did finally send me a replacement just 2 days ago. I'm a lucky one. Many who purchased from Samsung.com have yet to receive a replacement, and very few have received any instruction or means for returning the defective product.

mikeshauling

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I still have anS7 edge that i got for turning in my original N7, i assume i can still go trade it for the N7 ? I wasnt sure about when this trade in time table was going on for.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Samsung.com has yet to provide me with a way to return mine, although they did finally send me a replacement just 2 days ago. I'm a lucky one. Many who purchased from Samsung.com have yet to receive a replacement, and very few have received any instruction or means for returning the defective product.
You should get a box in the mail that you use to return your old one. You will get a text when they ship it. It seems Samsung. Com has been behind everyone from the release of the phone to the recall. Reading the Samsung com recall posts I know i wont be buying a phone thru them ever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall