S note not syncing

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I am at my wits end as I am not able to get s note on my Galaxy note 8.0 to sync with evernote. I have added evernote as an account on s note so I believe it should work.
Any tips on what could I be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

fromohio

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue. As far as I can tell the app is incomplete. I have all 3 accounts (Samsung, Google, evernote) logged I but have yet to find a sync button. I have been searching for an answer all week. All I have found so far have been instructions for S-memo, which looks very similar and has a sync button.

If I find the answer ill post.

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue. As far as I can tell the app is incomplete. I have all 3 accounts (Samsung, Google, evernote) logged I but have yet to find a sync button. I have been searching for an answer all week. All I have found so far have been instructions for S-memo, which looks very similar and has a sync button.

If I find the answer ill post.

Thanks a lot!! I agree. Really disappointed with the incomplete implementation and dismal quality. It only seems to sync with my Samsung account..
Had to go with a 3rd party app- Papyrus

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
HI, on my GN 10.1 there is no sync either. What I do is I go to the menu pull down in the top right corner of S Note and hit Share Via. Then you have 4 options to save as a .jpg, .pdf, .snb (S Note format), or Text only. Choose one and the next window will give you an option for Evernote Create, along with many other apps. I know I was able to send some to Evernote before. I haven't done it in awhile and there have been a few updates on the GN and Evernote, but it should work for you.
Edit: I just tried it and it works.

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
HI, on my GN 10.1 there is no sync either. What I do is I go to the menu pull down in the top right corner of S Note and hit Share Via. Then you have 4 options to save as a .jpg, .pdf, .snb (S Note format), or Text only. Choose one and the next window will give you an option for Evernote Create, along with many other apps. I know I was able to send some to Evernote before. I haven't done it in awhile and there have been a few updates on the GN and Evernote, but it should work for you.
Edit: I just tried it and it works.

Thanks a lot for confirming that. Though I was looking for the auto syncing capability that S Note promised :banghead:

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
yeah, that would be nice.

I'm sure you guys already know this, but I just checked and there is a Sync in the menu on the Folder page of S Note where all your notes are stored. It can sync to either Google Docs or Evernote. Only problem and this is why I use the Share Via option instead, is that neither of the apps are able to open up a .snb file which is the S Note file format. It's a problem with a lot of apps. I had this problem when syncing to Dropbox when I first got my 10.1, so I just use the Share Via option instead, and then choose either .jpg, .pdf, or text only instead of the .snb option. It's a work around, but at least you can backup your S Notes. Otherwise, you could just use Lecture Notes or Papyrus as stated above.

Last edited:

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Just curious here, when I played with GN 8 at best buy, I saw the Awesome Note app. It looked like it had subcategories for things like to do lists and such. How is that compared to S Note? I didn't really get a chance to play with it much and I will not have mine until late next week or the week after. Still waiting on Accessories to be shipped. What is the file Format of Awesome Note? Is that a .snb file format also?

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Just curious here, when I played with GN 8 at best buy, I saw the Awesome Note app. It looked like it had subcategories for things like to do lists and such. How is that compared to S Note? I didn't really get a chance to play with it much and I will not have mine until late next week or the week after. Still waiting on Accessories to be shipped. What is the file Format of Awesome Note? Is that a .snb file format also?

So I did some research on the app. What i could understand that there is no backup over cloud app solutions like Dropbox. It is only through wifi or usb but the ipad and iphone version have that feature!!
Otherwise the app seems good and versatile. Atleast much more well made than S Note but do keep in mind, its not an app to use if your primary form of input is going to be the stylus like S Note or Papyrus, alows or expects you to.

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I specifically bought this to sync snotes, and I have no problem using my samsung account for this, automatically. Your snote page where you see your notes, will have a little cloud icon if it synced through samsung. Previous snotes on my note 2 before I hade the 8.0, need to be opened and modified (open and closed) for the snote app to sync to cloud. Then it will show up on all devices with the samsung account. I love evernote, but dont utilize it for this, because its not automatic. Hope that helps!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366547080214.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366547080214.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 35

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the N2 and 10.1 and I use Dropsync to sync my S notes between devices. It takes a few minutes to set up, but it works like a charm. It is a true two way sync. I can create a note on my 2 and modify it on my 10.1, etc.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

John Crossenhand

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey jneusch,
I have a samsung galaxy note 10.1 and I am about to buy the galaxy note2 phone today may you please help with the two-way sync that you are talking about with dropsync? It is definately something I want to do given my want to auromatically sync S notes and change it across all platforms regardless of which device I change it with

John Crossenhand

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the N2 and 10.1 and I use Dropsync to sync my S notes between devices. It takes a few minutes to set up, but it works like a charm. It is a true two way sync. I can create a note on my 2 and modify it on my 10.1, etc.

I have a samsung galaxy note 10.1 and I am about to buy the galaxy note2 phone today may you please help with the two-way sync that you are talking about with dropsync? It is definately something I want to do given my want to auromatically sync S notes and change it across all platforms regardless of which device I change it with
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

zcreativity

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I just talked with Samsung and it is not possible to sync S-note using your Samsung account. I am using Google Drive to export my S-Note files so I can view and edit them elsewhere. I cannot figure out a way to bi-directionally sync the files from device to device.

Samsung is definitely way behind other apps such as OneNote, Google Apps, and Evernote. I'm looking to switch to an alternative app with my Note 10.1 that is replacing my Note 8.

jsjxyz

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I just realized:

If you have Evernote account, the sync option will be from the S-Note apps setting, unlike from the Samsung Account via Setting - Account - Sync.

So:

Choose setting from S-Note, then choose account Samsung, then the notes will come back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa