Name the Note 8

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
All y'all forgot one...

The Detonate, or the Detonator! You could play with that a bit... like the Deton8 or the Deton8r...

Whatever they call it, I'm buyin' 2 in case one catches on fire, baby! Preorder and all!

bigjkt405

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking if they reintroduce it, it will be the S8 Pro. That makes the most sense as they were trying to bring the Note inline with the Galaxy S series anyway... It should be the S8 Edge with the Spen features. And most of us would buy it.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I would be surprised if Samsung would continue to use the name NOTE due to the stigma attached to it. So what would you name the next version of the Note?

What stigma? Does changing the name of the Note 7's successor alter the fact that BOTH phones would have been made by Samsung? I will just trust that Samsung will make a better phone this time. A change of name is unnecessary.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
What stigma? Does changing the name of the Note 7's successor alter the fact that BOTH phones would have been made by Samsung? I will just trust that Samsung will make a better phone this time. A change of name is unnecessary.

Agree. The Note 7 was a fantastic device. Based on at least one company the tolerances were way too tight giving no room for expansion of the battery and other components. That should be taken care of in the Note 8. I have not lost faith in Samsung and will continue to buy their products.
I am looking forward to the Note 8 and hope they keep the Note name.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well I would not have agreed with that statement, until recently...

When I have spoken to people who are not obsessed with phones like we are :), and have asked if they have even heard of the Note 7, most of the time the person has not even registered "the Note7 Fiasco" as more than a momentary blip on the radar of their lives... basically unimportant and forgotten, if it even registered with them at all.

The main comments I get are something along the lines of, "Oh, yeah, I think I did hear something about that... Bet they won't let that happen again... the next one that comes out will probably be the best, safest phone on the planet".

Or something along those lines...

I guess only the sales will prove anything...

But it makes me inclined to agree that the name is not going to matter one little bit to the average person.

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The DeathNote. Only a few real ones will exist, each comes with its own Shinigami. Be careful when writing peoples names on i.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
The Note 8 should be called -

THE PHOENIX

The Mythical Phoenix dies in a show of fire and combustion... It then arises with new life from the ashes of its predecessor.

"A mythical bird that never dies, the phoenix flies far ahead to the front, always scanning the landscape and distant space. It represents our capacity for vision, for collecting sensory information about our environment and the events unfolding within it. The phoenix, with its great beauty, creates intense excitement and deathless inspiration." - The Feng Shui Handbook, feng shui Master Lam Kam Chuen

8c2c2640710154122558595ff252fc0e.jpg

58fce745727490a3f1f804538cc97d17.jpg

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The Note 8 should be called -

THE PHOENIX

The Mythical Phoenix dies in a show of fire and combustion... It then arises with new life from the ashes of its predecessor.

"A mythical bird that never dies, the phoenix flies far ahead to the front, always scanning the landscape and distant space. It represents our capacity for vision, for collecting sensory information about our environment and the events unfolding within it. The phoenix, with its great beauty, creates intense excitement and deathless inspiration." - The Feng Shui Handbook, feng shui Master Lam Kam Chuen

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161224/8c2c2640710154122558595ff252fc0e.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161224/58fce745727490a3f1f804538cc97d17.jpg

...the winner, hands down!

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'd call it The Unicorn. Cause if current rumor of S-Pen being reintroduced as an accessory and no silo built in to hold it... then it's not a Note anymore... It's an "S8 with the S-Pen I carry in my ear because it has no silo." :confused:

the-pencil-behind-richards-ear-should-be-your-fav-2-13249-1410278380-1_dblbig.jpg

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'd call it The Unicorn. Cause if current rumor of S-Pen being reintroduced as an accessory and no silo built in to hold it... then it's not a Note anymore... It's an "S8 with the S-Pen I carry in my ear because it has no silo." :confused:

Well, there is a certain amount of sense in adding the WACOM sensor to the S8 line, despite the expense and the lack of time to redesign the S8 chassis to actually hold an S-Pen. That may be part of the rumored delay to the S8 - retrofitting the WACOM sensor into the design of the display.

Some people like the S-Pen, the Note 5 ain't getting any younger, and releasing something with at least support for the functionality, if not the storage capacity, of the S-Pen seems like a good way to recapture some "Note fan" sales while they work out what they are going to do with the successor of the Note line.

No, it's not a Note, but expanding S-Pen in the face of no current Note line is a reasonable move, even if it's not as well-thought-out as an actual Note.

Clumsy, but better than nothing at all out there with S-Pen.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry Don and Nate - the reason I don't carry even a normal stylus is because I'd loose it or break it for sure. I couldn't deal with a pseudo Note - MUST HAVE SILO or it ISN'T a Note! I wouldn't waste a dollar on an S8 with a Wacom pen to try and make myself feel better. Even though I'm a long time user of Wacom tablets at home on my PCs - still have an ET-405U on my main PC as I type! Use it quite a bit in Photoshop but that's about all these days. Samsung! We want/need our REAL NOTE 8 PLEASE!

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I do agree that it's not a Note without the silo... but I guess from Samsungs own mouth during CES week they said the Note 8 will be a go second half of year. I have a phone to tie me over until then and through the S8 release so we'll see. I'd like a Note 8 if it was pretty much like the Note 7 in features and hope they don't mess up the features in 8. The only thing I'm concerned is if the rumor of the S8+ is 6" and concerned the Note 8 may be at least that or BIGGER.

I really don't want a phablet at 6" or bigger.

Sorry Don and Nate - the reason I don't carry even a normal stylus is because I'd loose it or break it for sure. I couldn't deal with a pseudo Note - MUST HAVE SILO or it ISN'T a Note! I wouldn't waste a dollar on an S8 with a Wacom pen to try and make myself feel better. Even though I'm a long time user of Wacom tablets at home on my PCs - still have an ET-405U on my main PC as I type! Use it quite a bit in Photoshop but that's about all these days. Samsung! We want/need our REAL NOTE 8 PLEASE!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty