Ya'll must have good battery life with your Edge

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
As I read through your threads and make a decision about a new phone, I've Noted (pardon the pun) that there are not many threads at all, that I can see, about the usual battery problems with a new model.
That's impressive.
I was considering this vs the S6 Edge. And apparantly the S6 series is downright plagued with battery problems.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
When I first got my phone, I was not impressed with the battery life. I had failed a few times at rooting my phone so I had to restore back to stock and after successfully rooting, I am actually getting much better usage than my Note 4.

I usually get about two days standby with about 4 hours OST. I do have two other phones I use daily so that should explain the long standby times.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I can easily power through a day (unplugging at 6:00 AM, back to charging by 10:00 PM) and still have about 30% left. That's with a good 3-4 hours of music playback (via Bluetooth), a few (normally 3, sometimes 4) hours of on-screen time, using Facebook periodically, using my Reddit app for about an hour, taking 1-2 pictures (sometimes a lot more, sometimes none at all), and texting throughout the day. I am typically somewhere in the 80% vicinity by the time I get off of work and really have to use my phone for everything to get it below 30% by bedtime.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The battery life on my Note Edge and Note 4 is good enough that I don't even consider it. I often have 30+% left after taking my phone off the charger ~5:30A with moderate to heavy daily use.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
What those two above me said. I actually plug mine up to the charger an hour before I leave for work (9am) and dont get back in the house until 1930-2000. Not having had the phone on the charger the entire day, I'm usually left with 35-40%. It doesn't go BACK on the charger until the following morning or if I think about it, before I go to sleep.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

aardvarkgeo

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I had terrible battery life on the edge... it was draining 10% an hour.. with not doing much on it.

The interesting thing that fixed this is turning off the "Night Clock" on the edge... Now I get amazing battery life. I used to set this from midnight to 8am, but it would drain during the night and the day.

Once turned off, I am getting maybe 15% drain over 9 hours not doing anything on the phone.. but I have push email, whatsapp wechat, facebook etc always running. This is pretty good for me.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I had terrible battery life on the edge... it was draining 10% an hour.. with not doing much on it.

The interesting thing that fixed this is turning off the "Night Clock" on the edge... Now I get amazing battery life. I used to set this from midnight to 8am, but it would drain during the night and the day.

Once turned off, I am getting maybe 15% drain over 9 hours not doing anything on the phone.. but I have push email, whatsapp wechat, facebook etc always running. This is pretty good for me.
Do you use Facebook?

🔊sub bass radiation is an important comfort food 🎧 n.3

aardvarkgeo

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely... if you are running intensive games on the device, you could easily lose 20% in 1 hour.. for me, the most important aspect is idle battery life.. I may leave it on my desk for a few hours, and if I lost 30% battery in that time... then the battery life is terrible...

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I lost my spare battery for a couple weeks and felt like dying. Phone battery life is still great but I'm a very heavy user so I won't make it past 5pm on a charge. I could never get a phone with a sealed battery.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

BobDog437

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
My battery life was great...until yesterday. Then, it drained until dead, while just sitting there. I charged it until full and set it on the night stand and when I woke up, it was at 38%. The only thing different, is a game I installed. Will delete that sucker and see what happens.

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
When I'm at work, I turn my phone off. So my phone is about 90% before I turn it off. When I turn my phone back on about 9 hours later, the battery is at 78%. Anyone know why? I had a Note 4 and never had this issue. I know the N4 battery is bigger, but 10% loss when the phone is off?

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty