5.0.2 Toolbox, What is it?

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Finished the update and was going thru the new stuff. Went into settings and there is a new setting for "Toolbox". I turn it on and a small white circle pops up on the screen with 3 vertical dots. I touch it and the dots turn horizontal.
What does it do, what is it for?

Posted via the Android Central App

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Thank you going_nil. I watched the video, went back to settings and turned on toolbox (in General section). I then went to homescreen and long pressed on Toolbox icon. Got a pull down screen that showed remove and edit. Dragged Toolbox icon to edit and it took me back to settings with a list of all apps that can be placed in Toolbox. There is a maximum of 5 apps allowed, Just checkmark the ones you want. Clicked "done" and went back to homescreen. Now it works fine and you can drag it to anywhere on your screen. It stays there no matter which app you're using. Tap on it and it drops down the list of apps you selected. I wasn't able to find the other settings shown on the video but the day is young so I'll keep looking.
Sorry, the Toolbox is in the Device section of settings not General.

Posted via Android Central App

Traylaw

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
So far with 5.02 update everything is functioning, WiFi, Bluetooth, Nova Launcher, Multiwindow, Print function (never worked right with 4.2) and all my other apps. The only thing I have come across that doesn't seem to work is Toolbox, when I try to enable it from Settings all I get is "Settings has unfortunately stopped". Haven't figured this one out yet.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Traylaw read my post above. I was getting the same notice about "settings has stopped" . I had to turn on "Toolbox" several times before I stopped getting that message. Then I went to home page and longpressed the icon. When the drop down menu came down I slid the icon over to the edit symbol. That took me back to settings. Apps are listed there and you can choose up to 5 to add to Toolbox. When you longpress Toolbox icon don't lift you finger or stylus until you've dragged icon to edit symbol

Traylaw

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Yep that worked, boy this apply needs some debugging hi. Thank, at least it functions.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE: I did some more playing around with Toolbox and figured out you can get to the list of apps available for Toolbox by opening Settings>device then turn on Toolbox. After this you press the actual icon for Toolbox (still in settings) and an edit screen pops up.

Posted via Android Central App

Linda Maticke

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Finished the update and was going thru the new stuff. Went into settings and there is a new setting for "Toolbox". I turn it on and a small white circle pops up on the screen with 3 vertical dots. I touch it and the dots turn horizontal.
What does it do, what is it for?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo