Wallpaper App?

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I had a great thought/idea today. I need to get it in print before it drifts away. We use our tablets and phones in both landscape and portrait mode. I'm sure I am not the only one who has a homescreen wallpaper made from a photo that looks great in landscape but not so great in portrait mode and vice versa. I would like to see an app that would allow you to have one wallpaper in landscape and when you turned your phone or tablet to portrait you would have a different wallpaper. Even if you have genuine wallpapers that fill the entire screen regardless of landscape or portrait, it would be nice to have it change if you wanted. Sort of a holographic idea.
I'm not a developer so I don't know if it's even possible but I'm sure someone knows. Put your thinking caps on!

Posted via Android Central App

AceHandler

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
How about this then (copy & paste from Google Play):

GO Multiple Wallpaper is a wallpaper ex plugin with 9 preset exquisite wallpapers. GO Multiple Wallpaper enables you to set a unique wallpaper for each screen.

Feature:
1. Set a unique wallpaper for each screen
2. Wallpaper can be chosen from GO Multiple Wallpaper and the phone memory
3. Slide screen to show each screen's wallpaper with shadow effect
4. Change wallpaper automatically with gestures(coming with next version)

Note:
1. GO Multiple Wallpaper has special function entry( please search”GO launcher EX” to install for free )
2. GO Multiple Wallpaper is available both in GO Launcher EX and other
launchers.
3. To show the multiple wallpaper effect, please make sure your launcher surpports wallpaper scrolling(GO Luancher EX: menu - wallpaper - Display mode - Default mode)
4. How to apply GO Multiple Wallpaper?
— With GO Launcher EX: long press screen to edit → tap “wallpaper” tab → tap “GO Multiple Wallpaper”
— With other launchers: Home screen → menu → Wallpaper → Live Wallpaper
5.Welcome to give us feedback and tell us the features you want. We will keep going.

Haven't tried this but I understand your need. You could actually create two different wallpapers of the same image, cropped/resized for the two orientations. I keep my screen oriented in landscape about 90 of the time but for a couple of apps, I prefer portrait. With the Go system you could put all your 'portrait preferred' apps on one screen (with your portrait oriented wallpaper) and voila! Just a thought...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87