Just got a software update on my skyrocket

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Naviwilliams let me know how it works for you Man...especially stability and battery life. i have had some issues with my refurb SR, documented on here...I have talked to one of the corporate stores here in C-town and will be trading in my refurb for a brand spanking new SkyRocket in the morning...with an upcharge of course...shiny...new...unboxing...tomorrow...

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Just updated mine...2.3.6 also.
Only thing I've noriced so far is the icon for the phone on the main taskbar looks different. Not solid green, checkered box pattern.

Ok, so no ics but at least a new icon. Yeah!(yes sarcasm)

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so maybe I'm dreaming. Just changed back to the live wallpaper with the beach weather. Don't see the lines anymore.

Seriously, a software update can improve graphical issues like this?? Definitely notice an improvement.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
...thus far all seems well, and that includes the battery life. It seems the same to me. But, the weekend will truly decide that ;)

So, did you get your new\newer Skyrocket?

I went to BestBuy today to play with a Note. And I'm so bloody tempted to get one; actually VERY...

Naviwilliams let me know how it works for you Man...especially stability and battery life. i have had some issues with my refurb SR, documented on here...I have talked to one of the corporate stores here in C-town and will be trading in my refurb for a brand spanking new SkyRocket in the morning...with an upcharge of course...shiny...new...unboxing...tomorrow...

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
...thus far all seems well, and that includes the battery life. It seems the same to me. But, the weekend will truly decide that ;)

So, did you get your new\newer Skyrocket?

I went to BestBuy today to play with a Note. And I'm so bloody tempted to get one; actually VERY...

Indeed I did! Yes a new SkyRocket! Man I played with a Note at the AT&T candy store. Damn nice...I'm a little afraid my boss will think he is paying me too much with that Big A_ _ phone though...lol. That said it felt really good and very snappy. My old SkyRocket had an issue from the start that was really bugging me and that was that the screen literally looked like it was distorted a little and actually curved, as if someone had had it in their back pocket while they sat down a lot. This was mainly noticable when in the car and with the sun shining on it...thought I might be imagining this but just kept nagging at me...well once I got my shiny new one today I realized it wasn't my imagination...this one didn't have the issue and the screen was noticably more perfect and flat. I love it...worth the up charge...and now I have a 1 year warranty. The guy at the AT&T store tried to sell me "enhanced tech support"...for $10 a month...guess he doesn't know about this forum.

stewa348

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I did the update on my Skyrocket and it completed without a hitch.
However, now the touch keys (menu, home, back, search) are not lighted when I turn the phone on.
I checked in settings and it is set to always on. If I check always off, then check always on the keys light up until I turn the phone off. Turn it back on and the keys are not lighted.
So who do I report this to, is it AT&T or Samsung?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
is it me or the battery life really improved with this update? I'm noticing some really great results for the past three days since I got my replacement device with 2.3.6 installed on it. can anyone confirm? thanks.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
its been 1 day 1 hour and 53 minutes since i took my phohe off the charger. the battery now is at 25% the display time 1hr 25min. voice calls 29 min. The phone was on ATT LTE network for all this time (not connected to wifi) I'm running a live galaxy wallpaper by Xllusion (seems to have zero effect on the battery), weatherbug updates every 30 mins. and pulse app every 6 hours. I must admit though 1hr 25min is a very light use but one full day is a very impressive result. this update definitely improved the battery.

Last edited:

ac295

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Will a rooted phone be able to take the update? Bought the phone last night and rooted right away. Still bone stock.

Kimberly Boals

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Is there another way to update it besides on the phone itself? It said there was an update but the server was busy and now I cannot check again for 23 hours. I used to have a BB and of course could use desktop manager or app loader to update the phone. My phone is not rooted either.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Is there another way to update it besides on the phone itself? It said there was an update but the server was busy and now I cannot check again for 23 hours. I used to have a BB and of course could use desktop manager or app loader to update the phone. My phone is not rooted either.
go to settings applications running services hit All and find Device Management. clear the data it then go back to update check, you should be able to run it again without waiting for 23 hrs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch