My Skyrocket started to behave unstable and crashes lately

wyt168

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone 4 to Skyrocket in March. Loved the phone for its flexibility in configuration and the availability of huge selection of apps. However, recently it started to crash. A lot of times when I try to unlock the phone. I use Go Launcher EX in combination of MagicLocker for screen locker. It will just crash the Launcher when I swipe to unlock. I tried to disable MagicLocker and then switch back to TwLauncher (via Home Manager), but the crashes still happen. So it doesn't appear to be related to the launcher or locker apps. More recently it even crashes during phone calls. Additionally the GPS seems to be out of whack, loses signal a lot. I am still on the stock Gingerbread since I am afraid to lose the FoxFi hotspot capability when I upgrade to ICS (a lot of reviews elude to that while the developer seem to indicate that it works on ICS). I am now wondering if I need to upgrade to ICS now as some of the apps maybe more focused on ICS and may have lost some backward compatibility for GB. Anybody experiences similar stability problems lately? I have to admit that I am getting a little frustrated now since this kind of stuff never happened on the 2 iterations of iPhones I used, and the crashes become daily occurrences. And the turn-by-turn GPS nav is so unreliable now that I was totally lost a few times already--this is one of the major reasons I abandoned the iPhone.

spagman

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I would try to flash back to stock GB break it in a few days then flash ICS.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
They did happen on your iphones apple just doesn't advertise crashes it just jumps back to home screen

Two if your rooted clear your caches and fix permissions I promise that will help.

If unrooted for the love of god ROOT man lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2