First ever smartphone

Blake2

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
just got my 1st ever smartphone
can someone give me some do's and dont before I switch it on as I have very little idea what I am doing

my first thought is to bang the sim in and start messing?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Here's the do's -- (1. Charge the battery for at least 12hrs - even if the green charging light comes on. (2. Don't allow the battery to be fully drained - (lowest 5%). (3. Fully charge the battery then drain to 5% four to five times - (this way you will get the full potential of the battery).

Don't -- (1.Don't root your phone unless your sure of what you're doing. (2. Don't use your phone without a screen protector or case - unless your skillful as I am. LOL. I only have a screen protector on. (3. Don't ever NOT have insurance on the device. There are more do's and donts but you'll learn them as time goes by.

Thanks for joining the community. ;)

Blake2

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
samsung galaxy s2
they are sending me a replacement, hopefully one was a one off as people talking to me said I was muffled and they were all crackly

taqri85

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Were u using a cell phone case with your mbile? The echo is infact due to noise reduction. Root it. Remove the noise reduction and you are good to go.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Blake2

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
no don't have a case
what does root it mean
i tried to switch off noise reduction but said only during calls, but when I tried I say not allowed on wideband?
would the noise reduction have anything to do with the crackling when people are talking to me, its dreadful

taqri85

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Rooting means gaining access to your system partition and acquiring superuser privileges. Search for it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk