Otterbox commuter case

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
no offence mate but think most of the case threads have been moved to the accesories sub forum ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyone that has had the otterbox commuter case for a while? Do the side buttons become easier to press?

I had one while waiting for my Defender case to arrive. The buttons were a bit stiff at first but, if you work them so that they fully surround the phone buttons, and the play in the case buttons get better with time. The Defender does not add that bulk and the silicone lining is much better than the one on the Commuter.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a Commuter on my Galaxy Nexus. Different phone, I know. The first couple of days the buttons were stiff and somewhat awkward to use, but they settle in rather nicely after some use. They might have changed something for the SIII though, who knows..

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I've had the case for about a month. While the silicone does soften a bit, it still requires a bit more pressure to push than with other cases that I've used.

Sent from my SGSIII

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have had a otterbox on all 4 of my smart phones including my rezound. I love them and the buttons are easy to use. Like my gs3 the silicone can be a bit stiff at first. It breaks in after a short period.

canuck82

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I use one on my gs3. I love it, buttons took a little getting used to. Sleek with protection.

Sent from my GS3 using Android Central Forums

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
They get somewhat easier but not terribly much. I couldnt stand my Otterbox Defender case. The outside edges are so high up compared to others I have its almost turned into a small bowl. lol Also with the holster being sideways, the silicon case catches a lot and is now pulling away from the hard shell. Now my case looks like crap because its deformed.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
They get somewhat easier but not terribly much. I couldnt stand my Otterbox Defender case. The outside edges are so high up compared to others I have its almost turned into a small bowl. lol Also with the holster being sideways, the silicon case catches a lot and is now pulling away from the hard shell. Now my case looks like crap because its deformed.

Watch the Defender drop test video by smartpedia on YouTube and you will understand why the heavy lip on the front is for a face first fall into concrete.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

dbrides

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes ...ive had the case since the phone came out and they definately soften up alot...hated the case at first but love it now..

sent from my badazz sammy s3...

mike568

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I had the commuter series when I got my phone and while waiting the defender series to be released. I didn't like the side buttons at all so I returned it once I had my defender series.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting used to the buttons. But I found an outer minor issue. The raised edge on the case makes it very difficult to use quick controls in the stock browser.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Day 2 of having the commuter, I really like it. It's different from other commuter series I have owned in the past, much tougher and more stiff.

Was considering getting the defender again, if anything just to have it to change things up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
They get a bit softer but still require some pressure to get them down. The case is pretty good though because its not to bulky and makes the phone seem less flimsy.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Its not a bad case! In fact I have an unopened Commuter case if your interested? I had one and had to do a return. Never ended up opening it. I have the defender now in both White and Black.

This commuter case is the black one. PM if your interested! maybe we can work something out.

CJ

---------- Post Merged at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Its not a bad case! In fact I have an unopened Commuter case if your interested? I had one and had to do a return. Never ended up opening it. I have the defender now in both White and Black.

This commuter case is the black one. PM if your interested! maybe we can work something out.

CJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87