Is there a GS3 USA review yet?

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So I checked out the Canadian s3 review which was pretty good. My question is that they have a sim card slot on there phone anyone know if all will have this?? Getting mine on thur from sprint and would love if this actually came with a sim card slot as I travel frequently. Anyone know???

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Click to view quoted video

Found this one on YouTube. SGS III for Bell with dual-core S4. Guy says it scores about 5,000 on Quadrant.

Does the quad-core version score significantly higher?

Quadrant isn't the best indicator of how a processor will act in real life use.

There are many other important factors to take into account, such as threading, I/O between cores, queue management, etc...

Not hating on the quad core, but Android apps aren't really even written to take advantage of 4 cores yet. Plus the dual core in the US version scores better at single-threading tasks against the quad core. Also, the smaller manufacturing process in the dual core (28 nm) should prove to be better for power draw and heat as seen by this video:

http://phandroid.com/2012/06/16/you...-a-device-sporting-a-snapdragon-s4-processor/

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
So I checked out the Canadian s3 review which was pretty good. My question is that they have a sim card slot on there phone anyone know if all will have this?? Getting mine on thur from sprint and would love if this actually came with a sim card slot as I travel frequently. Anyone know???

A sim doesn't necessarily mean global roaming. Verizon uses a sim for their LTE but most up to this point weren't global. The documentation for the Verizon SIII shows the GSM frequencies and they announced that they would "enable" it at a later date. Haven't heard anything about the Sprint version being global though.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The same people have another video up, this one is longer and is called "First Impressions"

Funny how the first impressions video is longer than the actual review.

Samsung Galaxy S III (Bell) - First Impressions - YouTube

Why does a complete D-Bag from a no-name webblog have their excuse for a review up and we've heard nothing from the likes of proper review sites like Anandtech, Androidcentral, Phandroid, etc.?

It really calls into question their capability to form opinions when they trash the back cover and color in one video then turn around and claim that it looks great in the next. :confused:

The rest of it just felt like a repeating of the general info that everybody already knows.

Anandtech, tell me how good or bad the radios are already!!!

-Suntan

markhallyo

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
if you haven't seen them there are reviews now on Endgadget, Verge, AC, DL, and just about every other place. The pro Apple places are bashing and the others are saying there are some caveats but a solid phone nonetheless.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87