GS3 has THE worst auto-correction on the keyboard.

jacobsjl1

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I second, third or eighth that notion about SwiftKey 3.

I was having a huge problem with the autocorrect after the most ostrecent update. No setting changes or amount of patience reolved the issue. Finally I just decided to download a keyboard app...one of the better decisions I've made in awhile.

I ended up installing SwiftKey 3 Keyboard, and my life is infinently better. It autocorrects appropriately. It also learns my pattern of speech and which words I use most often and takes those into account. It has some other pretty neat features too.

Long story short, if this is a problem you're having, this is my suggestion to you. It took the stress out of text.

Warez Waldo

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: GS3 as THE worst auto-correction on the keyboard.

Stock samsung keyboard is crap.
When you want to highlight text it can get VERY frustrating. Its all over the shop.
My gfs iPhone has a sweet set up for selecting, copying and pasting text. The magnifying glass is really helpful unlike Samsungs.
Anyway, ill try SwiftKey.

thomasv23

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
TouchPal keyboard is the best keyboard I can find on the market. Perfect combo of tap typing and swyping. No lag or anything. Good customization settings. Give it a week or so to learn how you type and you will be typing faster than ever

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 using the Android Central Forums app

unlmtdRW

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
TouchPal keyboard is the best keyboard I can find on the market. Perfect combo of tap typing and swyping. No lag or anything. Good customization settings. Give it a week or so to learn how you type and you will be typing faster than ever

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 using the Android Central Forums app
^^**THIS!!**^^

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

DrBobUSA

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem -- but it really started a week or so ago when the OS was updated. Now I have this "overcorrect" error (editor forcing "corrections" which are incorrect) almost every line. IS THERE A WORK AROUND OR CORRECTION TO THIS PROBLEM?

Thanks BOB

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I am having the same problem -- but it really started a week or so ago when the OS was updated.
I suppose you could turn prediction off completely - you would just do that in the keyboard Settings.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk