Stock Browser Crashing...

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I are loving our S3’s so far (VZW, 16gb, blue & white). We do have one pretty big complaint though. The stock browser crashes A LOT. All of a sudden, the screen goes dark and nothing can be done to the phone. Then an error message will appear saying, “Unfortunately, the Internet has stopped responding” or something like that. Sometimes, it also says that TouchWiz has crashed too. Every once in awhile, when we reopen the internet, it goes right to the last page visited. Other times, it just goes to the homepage. Weird. Also, this happens on about any site (not just the mobile Facebook site).

We know about the Play Store and the other browsers that can be downloaded there. We want to use the stock browser and also have Flash capability. So, please, no recommendations to just download another browser. We would like to use the one that came with the phone.

It seems like the stock browser fills up the RAM and ICS forces it to close. This thing has 2gb of RAM! One, why is it filling up so fast? Two, why is ICS not managing the memory better? Any tips or tricks to remedy this issue?

I’ve searched this and other forums and have not seen many complaints about the browser crashing. Kind of surprising since it happens to us so often.

Any help will be appreciated!

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I are loving our S3?s so far (VZW, 16gb, blue & white). We do have one pretty big complaint though. The stock browser crashes A LOT. All of a sudden, the screen goes dark and nothing can be done to the phone. Then an error message will appear saying, ?Unfortunately, the Internet has stopped responding? or something like that. Sometimes, it also says that TouchWiz has crashed too. Every once in awhile, when we reopen the internet, it goes right to the last page visited. Other times, it just goes to the homepage. Weird. Also, this happens on about any site (not just the mobile Facebook site).

We know about the Play Store and the other browsers that can be downloaded there. We want to use the stock browser and also have Flash capability. So, please, no recommendations to just download another browser. We would like to use the one that came with the phone.

It seems like the stock browser fills up the RAM and ICS forces it to close. This thing has 2gb of RAM! One, why is it filling up so fast? Two, why is ICS not managing the memory better? Any tips or tricks to remedy this issue?

I?ve searched this and other forums and have not seen many complaints about the browser crashing. Kind of surprising since it happens to us so often.

Any help will be appreciated!

Try going to settings> accounts> Google account and uncheck sync internet...

Then go to settings> application manager> internet and clear defaults....

I was having the same issues and did this and no I haven't had any issues... hope this helps...,

sent from my Galaxy Tab 2