Phone won't take screenshot of it's screens

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have tried palm swipe and made sure the option is on. I have tried VOL DOWN + Power but that didn't work. It just locks the phone. Any settings that I may have messed up???

I have tried on the TouchWiz UI, Apex and Nova launchers and I can't get it to take a screenshot of itself at all. The camera does work, though.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
beavo is right. power and home.
the swipe can take practice, use the part of your hand youd use for a karate chop lol from one edge, across the screen :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
It's power and home buttons.

I tried that, nothing. The lock button is the same as the power button...right? It only makes sense to me as I can power the phone off as well by holding it down. I only have volume, home and lock/power buttons. None of the combinations seem to work.

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out. I have to hold it down for more than just a click...like 1 to 1.5 seconds. Any longer and the phone just locks.

I still need to figure out the palm swipe, but that's step 1!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I find swiping way easier then using the buttons...make sure ur whole palm is swiping the screen and not part of ur palm...also make sure u dont swipe too fast

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I find swiping way easier then using the buttons...make sure ur whole palm is swiping the screen and not part of ur palm...also make sure u dont swipe too fast

unless youre capturing homescreens or the screen moves lol ;)
p.s side of the palm works best, the pinky side

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Think of it like doing a karate chop then wiping the rest off the sreen (from left to right or right to left).

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
yeah like wiping dust off the screen :)

Awesomeness!!! Thanks it finally worked :) now my wife and her iPhone have nothing on me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I have recenty updated my galaxy note n7000 from ICS to JB...
Its working nice, but now i cant take screenshots of my screen by swiping my hand on the screen as i used to do it before....
I used to swipe it from left to right.... like swiping the dust on the screen by the pink part of our hand (in ICS) but currently in JB no screenshots are been taken by the same method....
Plz help me solve dis prob. As soon as posible.......
I can take screenshots by the S-pen but still i want to solve this problem...
So plz plz plz..... help me out...... solving dis prob.
Thanx......

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you using a Live Wallpaper?
I'm using Jumpgate and a swipe to capture doesn't work now, but power and home for 1 second does.

eta8e4yd.jpg

--Tapatalk on SGS3.

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I m using galaxy note n7000...
I have updated it to JB..
But m facing a problem.. my phone turns off automatically anytime..
Today it turned off 3 time within 30 mins. Though my battery was 80%..
This is happening since last month..
now m getting fed up of dis... plz help me solve dis prob.. or should i prefer for replacement of my cell....
I had purchased my note on 28th may 2012.. its still in warranty...
Is it possible for me to do replacement of my cell...?
Plz help fast...
Thanx in advance

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
akshay, why did you post a totally unrelated question in a thread about screen shots? I almost didn't look here, because I knew the original question had been answered. You also posted a question about a Galaxy Note in a forum about the Galaxy S3. I strongly suggest you create a new thread with an appropriate subject, in the correct forum. None of the answers that came to mind are likely to apply to the Note.

If this problem began after you did the upgrade to JB, I would suggest trying a factory reset. It's probably not the solution, but it's the first thing Samsung will suggest, so you might as well get it out of the way.

Yes, if your Note is under warranty you can get it repaired or replaced. You'll probably have to contact Samsung and send it back to them. Unless someone in the Note forum offers up a better answer, I would suggest finding the Samsung support website or phone number for country or region where you live.

stephgohome

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I tried the home and lock so many times but with the new update it just locks! Is there something i need to fix or a setting i need to turn on?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, it is rather timing dependent, but once you get the hang of it the screenshots should appear reliably. Press & hold the Home button AND press & hold the Power button, then release both of them.
Barring that, you could try enabling the palm swipe method of screen capture (from any Home screen, press the Menu button, select Settings, select the Motion text [not the On/Off portion of the box, although obviously it has to be in the On position for this to work], then enable "Palm swipe to capture").
Once you've done that, use the edge of your hand (not the palm) and swipe that across the width of the screen - it should capture a screenshot.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2