How to turn off battery message "fully charged, unplug charger"

Schmidlapp84

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I get this message all night long once it's charged 100%. This is my first Android device and it SUCKS on battery so bad even when idling so please don't tell me to just unplug the charger. I'm pretty tired of needing to get new apps to fix battery issues and killing tasks especially since I've only had it for a week and very disappointed with the battery issues. I need it plugged in all night and I need my sound on as I'm on call some nights and need my alarm to go off. Surely there's a fix for this. I read the notification and it the icon still stays up there and beeps at me every 5 to 10 minutes and I'm literally tired of it amongst other issues.

Just want to add that my iphone 4 has been idling since I bought this phone and it's still at 78% battery life without a charge. I was warned about Android but I didn't listen.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Android Central Forums

Schmidlapp84

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the S3 4G. This only started doing this last night. Haven't made any changes, no new apps and the phone was restarted yesterday afternoon. Will see if it does it again tonight. It's almost as if there's so much stuff running in the background that it can't stay at 100%. This shouldn't be the case. I hardly have anything installed on my phone.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
try pressing power button, press the settings cog, durn down "system" and see if that stops the noise.
mine doesnt do that though, i have it set to tell me once when its full (Battery Notifier app)
youre not using Light Flow or a battery app are you?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Schmidlapp84

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
No I dont have any battery apps running and I dont know what Light Flow is. I've been having nothing but battery issues so I'm having my service provider send the phone away to be checked or replaced. Hopefully the new one runs better though I'm not confident it will. I dont understand why the battery drains so quickly when I stop all running apps all the time. Android and the screen are sucking up all the juice leaving me hardly any to use for texting, facebook, or calls. I even turned off the 4G. Anyway, will see how the new phone goes when I get it. Thank you for the the responses.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
hope the next one isnt a dud mate :)
ps, is this your 1st android?
what did you have before?
EDIT just reread your op sorry

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I doubt that there was anything wrong with your first SGSIII - in all honesty, I'd suggest that you go back to the iPhone 4 (or get a new iPhone 5 if you need any of those features) - you'll be much happier with your battery life that way. If you really must have an Android phone then I'd suggest the Motorola RAZR Maxx HD - that's probably one of the few phones, along with the other RAZR Maxx siblings, where you don't have to worry about battery life. Otherwise, you'll have to do what the rest of the Android community does - take an active role in managing your battery life.

Regarding the annoying 'battery full - unplug charger' message - do you leave the screen on when it's plugged in? I turn it off (single press the power button) once mine is in the dock and I don't see that message. Perhaps it's a different behavior between dock mode and regular charging mode; I'll check that out tonight and let you know.
Also, you may want to go into Settings -> LED indicator and make sure that Charging is unchecked. (I thought there was a similar setting for that notification but haven't come across it.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
usin a Lightflow reglacement notification might over ride it but i doubt it as i think its a system tone??

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I get this message all night long once it's charged 100%. This is my first Android device and it SUCKS on battery so bad even when idling so please don't tell me to just unplug the charger. I'm pretty tired of needing to get new apps to fix battery issues and killing tasks especially since I've only had it for a week and very disappointed with the battery issues. I need it plugged in all night and I need my sound on as I'm on call some nights and need my alarm to go off. Surely there's a fix for this. I read the notification and it the icon still stays up there and beeps at me every 5 to 10 minutes and I'm literally tired of it amongst other issues.

Just want to add that my iphone 4 has been idling since I bought this phone and it's still at 78% battery life without a charge. I was warned about Android but I didn't listen.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Android Central Forums

You do not have to be doing all that
1. Get Juice Defender...thats the only app u really need to save battery...make sure its actually working by waking ur phone (but not unlocking), and seeing if mobile data is off

What beep are you talking about? My phone never beeps and I leave my phone charging every night as well...do you have some app that is causing it too beep?

Android does get a bit to adjust to but its not like moving from USA to China...you can truly get long battery life and the best performance by playing with ur phone and getting used to things
Also you may want to consider getting an extended battery if the battery issue is really bothering u

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I dont understand why the battery drains so quickly when I stop all running apps all the time.

To be frank, you are possibly a large part of the problem. You need to leave the apps alone. Generally, the Android system figures out what needs to be stopped, and places or leaves apps in memory to save battery/time the next time they are needed. Apps do not consume power simply loaded in ram. By stopping them, the OS simply puts something else in ram to take its place, wasting power to do it.
Try not fiddling with it so much. I pretty much never stop apps and I typically get through 16 hours of moderate use with about 40% remaining.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
hes already explained all that. reset or return

Something Creative

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
You do not have to be doing all that
1. Get Juice Defender...thats the only app u really need to save battery...make sure its actually working by waking ur phone (but not unlocking), and seeing if mobile data is off

What beep are you talking about? My phone never beeps and I leave my phone charging every night as well...do you have some app that is causing it too beep?

Android does get a bit to adjust to but its not like moving from USA to China...you can truly get long battery life and the best performance by playing with ur phone and getting used to things
Also you may want to consider getting an extended battery if the battery issue is really bothering u

I second juice defender. I keep bluetooth, gps, wifi, etc all on and by simply using juice defender i have more than enough battery. I also charge my phone all night and don't hear a beeping. I only see something in the notification bar that says that the battery is full.

I had an iphone 4 before this and think the battery is better on the S3 with juice defender installed. I didnt have a similar app for iphone, so a big part of it could be the app.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
amazing how a bit of software (JD) on an unrooted phone can magicaly control things that i cant control with my thumbs to save battery life..... blows my tiny mind :p

Schmidlapp84

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I fully agree with you. Being an iPhone user I am wanting to go back to my iPhone 4 or upgrade to the 5. My service provider is making me jump through their hoops by sending the phone back since its under warranty to see if there's a problem which I know there isn't. If I have the same complaint 3 times then they'll give me a different handset of my choice. The phone should come preinstalled with all of the software and apps necessary to make the phone run as smooth as the manufacturer wants it to.
I have the screen off when its charging. Should get my phone back or another GS3 as a replacement soon. They're wasting their money sending me new phones when they know what I want. This wasn't a simple change of mind either because I wanted something other than the iPhone 5 because it was basically no different than my 4. However, I like my iPhone and its never let me down.

greefy69

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, regarding f*****g beeps after full charge, just got my s3 lte, been driving me nuts in night, use the alarm for morning. Think I might have found solution, I'm trying :- settings, sound, DEFAULT NOTIFICATIONS, set to SILENT. Hope this works! ( was going to wait and see before posting, but if it saves a little bit of sanity, here's hoping).
Tony.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I love these posters who come in here and say things like "my battery life sucks" but provide absolutely no details at all. What does "sucks" mean? How long does the battery last? What apps are installed and running? We're just supposed to magically figure out what's wrong.

And my phone doesn't beep at me all night when it's charging. I suspect one of the programs the OP has added to "improve" battery life is causing his problems. But he's clearly not really interested in learning anything. He just wants to b!tch and moan.

I've had no issues with battery life, nor found it necessary to load other apps to "make it run like it should." I've certainly added apps to add capabilities I want, but I'm pretty sure Apple has this thing called the App Store for the same purpose.

iamright

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I love these posters who come in here and say things like "my battery life sucks" but provide absolutely no details at all. What does "sucks" mean? How long does the battery last? What apps are installed and running? We're just supposed to magically figure out what's wrong.

And my phone doesn't beep at me all night when it's charging. I suspect one of the programs the OP has added to "improve" battery life is causing his problems. But he's clearly not really interested in learning anything. He just wants to b!tch and moan.

I've had no issues with battery life, nor found it necessary to load other apps to "make it run like it should." I've certainly added apps to add capabilities I want, but I'm pretty sure Apple has this thing called the App Store for the same purpose.

Common complaint you div. Google it.

Linda Stofa

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I would like to add my 2 cents to this long and winded issue.
I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S3, t--mobile T-999, amazing phone, But there are battery issues
After 3 days of full charging it, I was lucky if I got 6hrs of time on it.
firstly my phones rom was not up to date which I am sure was in part the issue,
and anyone other there that has rooted their phones and removed bloatware etc knows that they are a lot of useless apps running in the back ground
therefore resulting in much battery drain.
I first rooted the phone and installed Cyan 10.1,(definite better battery results) but for some reason really like the the feel and smoothness of touch wiz
I then got and re-installed touch wiz, this gave me a rooted phone with the stock rom, I love it,
I have gone from 6 hrs of battery life, to 12 or 13 the only thing that I turn off is GPS, and wireless as I have a data plan.
I installed also an app call Systemcleanup, (all one word) on google play which allows you to go into your system and delete apps that are truly not needed you can even freeze them such an awesome app.
Well that's my rant, I hope it helps someone.

V Kash

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't that also turn off the sound/vibration when you get a text/email etc? I don't know why there isn't a separate setting for device warning tone and then texts/emails etc; I'm pretty sure there was on my last phone (SE Xperia Arc).

I only plug the phone in to charge when i go to bed so the bleep/vibrate every 5-10 minutes when gets fully charged is waking me up and driving me mad!

I appreciate the processing power of the S3 (all the motion stuff just comes across as gimmicks to me), but even after a year of having it, I don't love it like I did the Arc and I still look back Arc and think it was light years ahead in design and button layout! The Sony Xperia T is the right size (W&H), but too fat and the volume rocker needs to be further up. maybe i'll switch to the HTC One?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty