Cannot stream live on Sumsung s3

1mike

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I need help as I cannot listen to live streaming audio on my S3 I was told to download winamp, apkinstaller and I still go to sites and cannot listen live. I have no problem downloading a podact and playing but cannot stream. Can someone please help me I have spent hours trying to make it work I have Android 4.1 what am I doing wrong? Please if you could give detail help how to make site work.

Thank you Pete

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Maybe someone a lil more experienced can chime in but wouldn't that be a flash player issue? As flash is no longer supported on JB 4.1. Try getting the APK for adobe flash, install it and see if that fixes it. I think flash only works on the stock browser and Firefox. Make sure "plug ins" is turned on in the browser. That's my only idea of what the issue could be

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

1mike

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Are you trying to stream over cellular or wifi? If it's wifi are you sure it's not filtered in some way?
Thank you for asking No I am trying to stream over cellular which I am allowed to but it will not work. If you want I can give an example FreedomSlips Revolution Radio Home Page If I try to stream live this will not even show where the live button is. It is not just that site and radio station I cannot stream live.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for asking No I am trying to stream over cellular which I am allowed to but it will not work. If you want I can give an example FreedomSlips Revolution Radio Home Page If I try to stream live this will not even show where the live button is. It is not just that site and radio station I cannot stream live.

makaroni may be on track here. If an action button doesn't show up on your phone's browser, but does on your PC, then it's likely a Flash issue.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Then how do I play flash on 4.1 if it is a flash issue?

So you're trying to stream internet radio to your phone, right?! What app are you using or have you tried?? Winamp mobile sucks btw! Try Xiialive for net radio stations. Its the best one that uses shout cast. If you like EDM, DL DI.FM app....ridiculously good EDM stations! Digitally Imported stations also available on Xiialive! :cool:

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You don't need flash to stream net radio stations, lol....sheesh, lol!!

Not from the web? Logging onto a website and trying to listen to a live stream, you wouldn't need flash?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Not from the web? Logging onto a website and trying to listen to a live stream, you wouldn't need flash?

If its not from the web than what are you trying to do?!?! I don't log into websites to listen to net radio stations. If you do, then you are logging on to a private site which most likely has its own permissions like needing flash to stream.

1mike

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
If I go on my g3 using Dolphin or chrome to a site such as FreedomSlips Revolution Radio Home Page I see not button and I cannot play (stream) live That is what I am trying and need someone who can assist me on. If I go there on my computer I see a button to play Streem live I was able to do this on my old evo 2.1 but not on G3

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If its not from the web than what are you trying to do?!?! I don't log into websites to listen to net radio stations. If you do, then you are logging on to a private site which most likely has its own permissions like needing flash to stream.

So now I'm getting that your other post was sarcasm when you said you don't need flash to stream net radio stations. So I asked a question because I wanted to know what else could be the OP problem if it wasn't a flash issue. Didn't get the sarcasm at first.

1mike

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi trucky

Thank you it will work only with the browser that came with S3 will not work with chrome or dolphin strange. But THANK YOU so so very much you the man. Now I can listen to my radio I am just amazed with all this technology I have to just through just to listen to the station. Thanks again

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi trucky

Thank you it will work only with the browser that came with S3 will not work with chrome or dolphin strange. But THANK YOU so so very much you the man. Now I can listen to my radio I am just amazed with all this technology I have to just through just to listen to the station. Thanks again

I could've sworn I told you that from the beginning but maybe I'm crazy. Glad it worked and we could help. Now you're happy with your radio stations.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I could've sworn I told you that from the beginning but maybe I'm crazy. Glad it worked and we could help. Now you're happy with your radio stations.

team effort... hope your GS3 doesn't snore.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
So now I'm getting that your other post was sarcasm when you said you don't need flash to stream net radio stations. So I asked a question because I wanted to know what else could be the OP problem if it wasn't a flash issue. Didn't get the sarcasm at first.

No sarcasm intended.

1mike, I got your freedomslips.com radio station streaming to my cell, on data, through xiialive....WITHOUT flash! If you are interested, this is what you do.

- DL Xiialive from Google Play store
- On Xiialive home page, go to Tags
- Click on 'Stations', then 'Add URL'
- type....http://173.192.70.132:8054/stream/1/ ....then hit verify
- Save

Its now saved under your favorites under talk. Enjoy! :)

1mike

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi I want to thank you. But I must say if you did not give me .http://173.192.70.132:8054/stream/1/ I would have no way of finding that so for other sites it would not help. I did try to use Xiialive and search for it but it could not find it until I entered the above. It seems there should be a easier way. So now I am stuck with flash. If you have a way for me to search and find were I can use it that would be helpful.

Thank you