How to make the Galaxy S3 be silent receiving emails, but give the defualt sound for text & voicemai

lubkin

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
How to make the Galaxy S3 be silent receiving emails, but give the defualt sound for text & voicemai

My problem is, that I'd like to setup the Galaxy S3 so that it produces a different sound (which I'll make silent at night) when it receives emails than the default,
but still produces the default sound when receiving text messages and voicemails. I can't figure out how to do this.

Thanks,

-- Saul

Bsheedy

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to make the Galaxy S3 be silent receiving emails, but give the defualt sound for text & voic

You should be able to change it under the email settings. Open email app, menu button, settings, notification options, select ringtone.

lubkin

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to make the Galaxy S3 be silent receiving emails, but give the defualt sound for text & voic

Hi!

I just tried that -- I opened the email app, menu button, settings; there is an option for "select ringtone"; but it's grayed out. I don't know why; it won't let me change it. I can't figure out how to make that functional. (Note: I have the most recent operating system; maybe that's relevant?)

Further help would be much appreciated.

-- Saul

Hi again!

I figured it out! You were right! what I had wrong was that my phone was silenced. As soo as I upped the volume button, the "Change Ringtone" option was no longer greyed out.

I've changed it to silent successfully.

Thank you,

-- Saul

Last edited:

Bsheedy

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Do you have the email notifications box checked?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Are you looking under "general settings" or in the specific account. If you haven't, tap on the email account name (in settings), and then change the ringtone there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty