S3 can't boot into recovery mode, need help asap

ffss

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
DroidXcon, having some trouble. I need to transfer some files to my device but usb connection is no longer doing anything after I recorded this nandroid backup. It makes the sound of connection, but no icon appears in the top left of my device like "Connected as a media device". How would I transfer files to my device?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon, having some trouble. I need to transfer some files to my device but usb connection is no longer doing anything after I recorded this nandroid backup. It makes the sound of connection, but no icon appears in the top left of my device like "Connected as a media device". How would I transfer files to my device?
hmm, did you try rebooting your pc and using a different usb port or different cable?

ffss

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Yup, it's definitely something wrong with the phone, because it says insert network sim too. I guess my only way would be to transfer a rom via wifi? Shall I wait until samfirmware.com is back up and download the stock rom so I can reset everything? I'll forget about the root for now.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yup, it's definitely something wrong with the phone, because it says insert network sim too. I guess my only way would be to transfer a rom via wifi? Shall I wait until samfirmware.com is back up and download the stock rom so I can reset everything? I'll forget about the root for now.
since i dont have your device and you have it flashed to a different network i think you should ask for help from developers with your your device, i feel like somewhere along the way you flashed something that was incompatible. i would start by asking for help here [WARNING! + GUIDE] Backup and Restore IMEI / NV Data Procedure for GT-I9305 - xda-developers. if you flash samfirmware file you may loose your unlock if you have not done so already.

ffss

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have not flashed any stock rom yet. I unlocked my phone via an official unlock code from Samsung. so if i install the stock rom will my phone lose its unlocked status?

ffss

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much. I can confirm that I did indeed flash a rom which was intended for i9000 on the i9305, and have lost my IMEI number and USB access.

Edit: I just followed the last part of that guide you linked me to eariler. I did the option titled, "Recovering IMEI And Data Connection After Flashing WRONG Root Package Intended For I9300".

My network is now working and so is my USB cable.

When I flash the stock rom, will this mean everything custom I did will be wiped, all that junk I modified and did by mistake? I want a clean, fresh install. And the link you gave me, which one shall I download? Before I rooted my Android version was 4.1.1, but on link you gave me there is 4.1.1 Decodex and Codex, which one shall I download?

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Please give us some information to work with. Exactly what did you do? And at what step in the process did it fail. What are the current symptoms?

Asking us to help without giving us any information to work with is like calling your doctor and only telling him "my head hurts." The treatment will be very different if you have a headache than if you've been shot in the head.

Terry Turner

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi all.
I think i have killed my Galaxy S3 i9300!!! :(
I rooted it and installed the Paranoid Android rom, but then decided to go back to stock rom as I couldn't access the play store.
Now here's the problem... I wiped dalvic cache and factory reset, but stupidly wiped the system at the same time.
There is no operating system on the phone at all now and my pc greys out the device when I plug it in.
Odin did recognize the phone, but I couldn't flash a rom to it as it kept getting stuck at 'nand write start' in all versions of odin.
When I try to start in recovery mode (volume up, power and home) I get the green android instead.
I read that it's game over if you can't enter recovery mode.
Have I killed my s3?

Slim Thonge

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
hi, i have a same problem here but different device, well my Htc Sensation xl have almost bricked ,recently i installed a new Rom then i found storage was full, so reboot to bootloader and accidently wipe all of my system and cache even factory reset, also i can't boot into recovery mode once flashed CWM 5.XXX version something like that and stuck on htc logo. Any idea?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Isn't there a forum for HTC? You'd have much better luck there - I don't even know how to get into Download mode on your phone, much less which tools you'd use to reload the OS firmware.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

pittybully

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello experts
& meyerweb:

I have the same problem here: i can reboot into the download quickly without any problems. But if I'm trying to boot into recovery, there is no way. Immediately after pressing the 3button recovery procedure, there is the samsung Logo and thats it.
Odin recognize the phone - but flashing anything hasn't any effect. I also tried your recommendation, uncheck the autoreboot option, disconnect, remove the battery, reboot the pc, use another USB port - no changes.

Currently in the download mode, it shows:
Product Name: GT-I9305
Custom Binary Download: Yes (8 counts)
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custom
Knox Warranty Void: 1
AP SWREV: A2

Hope that helps.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Hello experts & meyerweb:
Does this mean that meyerweb has lost his 'expert' status?
Odin recognize the phone - but flashing anything hasn't any effect.
Can you include the complete log from Odin?
And also a link to the firmware that you're flashing?
Currently in the download mode, it shows:
Product Name: GT-I9305
Custom Binary Download: Yes (8 counts)
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custom
Knox Warranty Void: 1
AP SWREV: A2
This tells me that at some point you upgraded to 4.3 with the Knox bootloader component, and that you're not flashing a stock firmware. You should be using something like what's offered here (depending on your country/carrier of course).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non