1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default s 3 won't download pdf or mp3 files since updating???

Ever since I did the most recent update on my s3 I can't download pdf or mp3 files. All it says is 'down load unsuccessful'. What can I do to regain ability to download these files ?

Default Re: s 3 won't download pdf or mp3 files since updating???

battery pull, reboot if your still having trouble you might want to make sure that your not set to "download over wifi only" for attachments.

try toggling airplane mode on / off also

You didn't mention how you were normally downloading these files. Is it via an app, or a Web browser? Are you able to successfully download other file types using the same method?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I download from a browser. Attachments from email & mp3s from the converter flvto.com specifically. I haven't tried anything else. I'll check my WiFi settings.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'll try the battery pull. Airplane mode is off. Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Mueller Fraser View Post
    I download from a browser. Attachments from email & mp3s from the converter flvto.com specifically.
    Which browser are you using?
    You access your email via the browser rather than an app?
    These downloads appear to start normally?
    - the Status/Notification bar shows the little download arrows progressing?
    - What happens if you drag down at the Notification bar - do you see the actual size downloaded increasing?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Same problem... this is a file extension association problem!

In my case, I can connect the problem to the installation of Audible player (called them, no help)

After the installation of Audible, using "download app" to open an mp3 file resulted in "can't open file"

Finding any mp3 file using any "filemanager" app and selecting open, results in "open as" and when "audio" is selected, Audible launches but doesn't play the file.

When Audible was then uninstalled, the same action results in "Activity Not Found"

WORKAROUND

In my case, here's a far less than perfect solution.

UNINSTALLED AUDIBLE
    UNINSTALLED POWERAMP
    RE-INSTALLED POWERAMP (assume that any mp3 compatile audio player will work)

It's still not possible to launch MP# files from the "Download" app, but opening any MP3 file using a file manager now launches mp3 files using poweramp.

TIP, if your filemanager allows it, create a desktop shortcut to the downloads directory, trash the default downloads icon and use the shortcut instead to get to downloaded files.

Hope that this information is of value.
    Beverly Howard

ES FileExplorer has the ability to associate a file extension with a specific app.

Anyone who wants the steps, please ask...

I wrote out the exact steps, but this forum elected to discard the entire message and gave no recovery options.

Beverly Howard

I dont have a reply and need answers aas well. I cant download music or watch any videos at all. Help me

Michele,
    What app are you using to download music?
    What app are you using to watch videos?
    Is your mobile data connection working normally? What about your Wi-Fi connection?
    Are you getting some kind of error message when you try to do these things? Did anything happen around the time these problems started (phone received an update; you installed new apps; etc)?