please help - assistive light on Samsung galaxy s3 quit working

lambkeeper

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
hi all,

the assistive light on my galaxy s3 had stopped working. I tried various apps from the play store, and the light won't work with those either. any suggestions? thank you in advance!

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Does your flash still work when you take pictures?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 with a 7000mah extended battery... Because I'm not a chick with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

lambkeeper

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello! Actually, no -- I just checked, and the flash on the camera isn't working either. Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks so much! :)

Robert White1

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Then I suggest a factory restore and see if the camera's flash or the assistive light works. If they still do not work, you need to have the phone repaired/replaced, depending on your warranty status.

Good Luck!
Aloha

Aaron Watson

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
If the flash isnt working anymore after the factory reset. Dont worry the flash light is easy to replace thanks to the s3's high reparability score.

Posted via Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S3! GT-19300

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm concerned about being unable to restore my data after the reset.
That shouldn't be something that prevents you from getting a replacement - just check out:
Helium: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup
MyBackup Pro: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackupPro (there's a trial version)
and I'm sure you can find others if you don't like those.
If you're using an alternate Launcher (like Nova Launcher: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher) you can even backup/restore your Home screen configurations, which makes it easy to get running after a replacement (just remember to copy the backup file from the internal storage to your SDCard, since Nova doesn't allow you to save it there).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

iva011

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I think it's a software issue. It selectively works on my Samsung Galaxy Note3. Not sure what triggers it to stop working (both assistive light and flash), but what helps is to restart a phone. Obviously, there is a glitch somewhere.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
You may try wiping the cache partition, do the following:
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.
3. When the phone vibrates, let go of the buttons.
4. Press the Volume Down key to move to and highlight wipe cache partition.
5. Press the Power key to select and wipe the cache partition.
6. After the wipe is finished, go back up till reboot system now is highlighted and press the Power key to restart the phone.

This will not remove any apps or information.

Toogoofy317

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

My S3 found the toilet I got everything working with the exception of the camera and the flash. I've tried several apps for the flash Nada. I'm ordering a replacement camera. S3s do repair easily but I'm not seeing anything on the LED light replacement such as the part and/or directions. Am I going to have to do some soldering ( I hate soldering!).

Toogoofy

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My assistive light flashes when a message is received.
Go to Settings -> Accessibility, find 'Flash notification' and check the box, back out of the screen then go back in and uncheck it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
How do I replace the flash light on my galaxys3 . Is it the led it self or the flashlight ic chip.
I haven't had to replace one, so it's difficult to say, but I'd have to guess that the LED is more likely to have failed, particularly if you used it as a flashlight rather than as a camera flash.
You should be able to find the part online, and perhaps someone has replacement instructions in a teardown video.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk