Wierd problem - help!!??

gbrown227

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Tonight, for no reason at all, strange voices started coming through the speaker on the back of my S3. It sounded like one side of a phone conversation in a foriegn language. It was very strange and went on for approximately 30 seconds, and then cut off. Very disconcerting!

I was not using my phone at the time.

If anyone can help me figure out why this happened and if I need to do anything about it I would be very grateful. I am worried my phone has been hacked or has spyware on it!

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi

Tonight, for no reason at all, strange voices started coming through the speaker on the back of my S3. It sounded like one side of a phone conversation in a foriegn language. It was very strange and went on for approximately 30 seconds, and then cut off. Very disconcerting!

I was not using my phone at the time.

If anyone can help me figure out why this happened and if I need to do anything about it I would be very grateful. I am worried my phone has been hacked or has spyware on it!

Thanks

Welcome to the forums!
If you are concerned about spyware, download a good antivirus program from Play, and use it. Good ones are Avast, or AVG. Have you modified your device at all?

gbrown227

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi golfdriver,

thanks.

I haven't modified my phone (other than downlaoding apps) I have AVG anti virus (free) and have scanned it. It came back as no threats. Any ideas? Could my phone be picking up radio transmissions? Seems odd that the voices were foriegn though.

Cheers

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi golfdriver,

thanks.

I haven't modified my phone (other than downlaoding apps) I have AVG anti virus (free) and have scanned it. It came back as no threats. Any ideas? Could my phone be picking up radio transmissions? Seems odd that the voices were foriegn though.

Cheers

Going to be honest, I am at a loss for explaining that.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I was using your phone to order Chinese (Kung Pao Chicken; Vegetable Chow Mein; Sweet & Sour Soup) - it won't happen again (turns out they won't deliver that far).
:confused:

Actually, unless you have some additional language installed and have TTS running, I also have no clue.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

gbrown227

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Actually I have installed a voice for Assistant App and I do have TTS running, but the voice sounded like it was someone on the phone, not a synthesised voice.

??

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, you can do a couple of things:
- ignore it and see if it happens again
- uninstall that app (you can leave TTS on) and see if it happens again
- perform a Factory Reset and don't reinstall that app

Some guy in the NSA probably accidentally bumped the push-to-talk button on his console and caused that. He's likely already on a plane to Russia, so you can stop worrying about "them" monitoring your life.
:rolleyes:

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2