Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 Crashing on Update

This evening I ran the software update on my Galaxy S3. (Sorry I don't know which version to). On the reboot the phone just hangs on the Samsung logo and won't go any further. I have tried a factory reset but the phone just hangs at the same point. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. Last time I had to send it to the shop for repair and I was without the phone for several weeks. Why is this happening and is there any way I can fix it?

Global Posts
    13,801 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Galaxy S3 Crashing on Update

Quote Originally Posted by maple3 View Post
    This evening I ran the software update on my Galaxy S3. (Sorry I don't know which version to). On the reboot the phone just hangs on the Samsung logo and won't go any further. I have tried a factory reset but the phone just hangs at the same point. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. Last time I had to send it to the shop for repair and I was without the phone for several weeks. Why is this happening and is there any way I can fix it?
    Welcome to the forums.
    Have you cleared cache in recovery? [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    UJ95x likes this.

Default Re: Galaxy S3 Crashing on Update

maple3,
    Can you still boot into Recovery mode? If so, you can try reloading the update - pick the 6th option 'apply update from cache' and see what happens.

You can also try removing the SIM card and SD card and restarting.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro