Galaxy S3 Crashing on Update

maple3

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
This evening I ran the software update on my Galaxy S3. (Sorry I don't know which version to). On the reboot the phone just hangs on the Samsung logo and won't go any further. I have tried a factory reset but the phone just hangs at the same point. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. Last time I had to send it to the shop for repair and I was without the phone for several weeks. Why is this happening and is there any way I can fix it?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This evening I ran the software update on my Galaxy S3. (Sorry I don't know which version to). On the reboot the phone just hangs on the Samsung logo and won't go any further. I have tried a factory reset but the phone just hangs at the same point. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. Last time I had to send it to the shop for repair and I was without the phone for several weeks. Why is this happening and is there any way I can fix it?

Welcome to the forums.
Have you cleared cache in recovery? http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
maple3,
Can you still boot into Recovery mode? If so, you can try reloading the update - pick the 6th option 'apply update from cache' and see what happens.

You can also try removing the SIM card and SD card and restarting.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii