How do I turn off Google Bookmarks Sync?

HaroldJBay

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
How do I turn off Google Bookmarks Sync

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, not rooted. Google Bookmarks Sync uses up 10% of my CPU, according to Power Tutor. The application manager shows it is OFF. I do not use Chrome, have logged out of Google, turned off sync, nothing seems to work. I don't want to sync bookmarks. I just want to turn off this energy hog. Anyone have any ideas?

4/7/15:
Problem solved. Called Samsung Tech support; no help, except they advised me to go to Best Buy, which has a Samsung Tech support guru in residence. Went there, he tried a bunch of things, and as a last resort, he reloaded the Jellybean operating system. Now, the offending program no longer shows up in my Power Tutor list of power-using programs.

Last edited:

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I turn off Google Bookmarks Sync

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, not rooted. Google Bookmarks Sync uses up 10% of my CPU, according to Power Tutor. The application manager shows it is OFF. I do not use Chrome, have logged out of Google, turned off sync, nothing seems to work. I don't want to sync bookmarks. I just want to turn off this energy hog. Anyone have any ideas?

4/7/15:
Problem solved. Called Samsung Tech support; no help, except they advised me to go to Best Buy, which has a Samsung Tech support guru in residence. Went there, he tried a bunch of things, and as a last resort, he reloaded the Jellybean operating system. Now, the offending program no longer shows up in my Power Tutor list of power-using programs.

Welcome to Android Central!

Glad you got it figured out.