1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 Active randomly pausing music

My S4 Active will randomly pause music. This happens for both hardwired headphones, bluetooth headphones, or listening via bluetooth on my car stereo. Also, the volume will momentarily get louder (for a few seconds) on its own and then return to the original volume. Anybody else have these problems? Any suggestions?

Default Re: Galaxy S4 Active randomly pausing music

Um, maybe your voice control is turned on and it thinks it hears you when it doesn't? Try turning off voice control under settings in the music player.
    Banned

I disabled my music player XD but your gonna have to root and use something like titanium to do that

from my wonderfully rooted gs4 woot
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks FutureKix. Good idea and I tried it but unfortunately, it didn't work.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks metle_geek. My phone is rooted (problem existed well before rooting). What's the music player XD?
    Banned

I disabled the stock samsung music app I simply went and froze it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    Banned

There's some screen shots to help you out simply go down find the music player and freeze it I use Google play

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S4 Active randomly pausing music-1391029542572.jpg   Galaxy S4 Active randomly pausing music-1391029560945.jpg  
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for the help. I am already using the Google Play music app and having this problem. The problem is getting stranger now. Often when it pauses, I'll use the lock screen control to start playing again, but it will momentarily start playing, then the camera app will open and the music will stop.

Your phone is encountering Virus issue. Connect your phone to your computer and scan for viruses and also remove cache of your SD card, reinsert and check, as these things normally happens when your SD card i s corrupt.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

This may be more of a global android issue... Having the same problem right now on my Droid Razr Maxx HD. It seems that every time I receive a notification of any sort (twitter, facebook, gmail, etc...) it will pause whatever I'm listening to (Spotify, Beats, Tun-In Radio Pro, etc...). Happens on bluetooth, headphones or speaker. If I switch back to the app that's playing the music and just hit play, it'll go until I get another notification. Not a service related issue (Verizon, all bars, in known areas of good service)
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks for the suggestion Alextodd1. I'll give it a try for sure. Nothing else seems to be working.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks spudskier. My pauses don't seem associated with notifications. Sometimes it will go an hour w/o pausing. Other times, it will pause 5 or 10 times in a row. Very frustrating.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Hmm, I'm beginning to wonder if the notifications are just coincidence. I have scanned my phone and SD card for viruses, nothing. Still having the same problem you are Stephen. I also have started to have a lot of problems with bluetooth, but unsure if it's my car or the phone. (Have a VW and the bluetooth isn't great to begin with)

I just got the s4 active for att and mine is randomly pausing too. I tried everything even using different players. Have yall figured anything out yet?