old s4, new s4, syncing with kies

fizziefee

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I'm pretty computer/phone savvy but I'm really struggling. I'm trying to get data from my old s4 to my new one.
I've tried Helium (when it came to restore there was no file to restore from) and Kies. With Kies it goes through all the different files, backing them up from old phone, but gets stuck on "call log". I tried restarting laptop etc, also tried just deleting the call log from old phone but won't go past it, stays on 0%.
Off the top of my head, what I'm trying to move over is my gallery and s planner.
But I'm unsure if I'll even be able to use any s planner data I did manage to back up as on new phone I can only get "calendar" that looks exactly the same. Any search for s planner in the play store gets no results.
I reeeeally need my calendar (s planner) entries and gallery.
Please help.
:)

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"Gallery" is an app - it shows any picture files that Media Scanner finds on the phone - anywhere. (The "album" name is the name of the folder that group of pictures is in.) So you can manually copy all your picture files, folder by folder, to your PC, then copy that whole structure back to the new phone. (Make a folder for it, or use DCIM as the root folder for pictures - or make a DCIM folder on the SD card (DCIM = Digital Camera IMages).

As for S-Planner, I can't help, since I use a different clendar. Maybe someone else can.