Software Update to Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4: Let's start with this: no idea how to access settings!

screwloos

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I suppose it's inevitable in the world of icons that the nice photo-like image of a camera would be replaced with a cartoonish image of a camera, but WOW has this update made my S4 into a simpleton! Not simple, not better.

In the past, I would go to the home page and click on the bottom left of the screen. A drop-down (drop-up?) menu would appear that had several choices, overall phone settings among them.

Now, clicking there gives me a slightly smaller view of the home page. I can scroll left and right among them. Well, whoopie: I could do that before without hitting the button, so what have I gained? This view allows me to remove icons from the pages. Really? The thing that people do the most is remove icons from their home pages, so that's the easiest command to access? Unfathomable.

There are also three other choices: Wallpapers, Widgets, and Home Screen Settings.
I say again: Really?
People want to change their wallpaper so often that it's the second easiest to reach command on the phone? I apologize to someone but I call this a stupid concept.

Does anybody know how to get to settings now?

Many Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Swipe down the notification/quick settings panel--is there a settings icon (looks like a gear) there?