Brand New Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (Sprint): What do I need?

HTC Evo Hell

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

My POS HTC Evo finally died for good. Good riddance! So I bought a new Galaxy S4 Mini from Best Buy with a 2-yr contract through Sprint.

So, I want to know what are the good apps that I'll need and also a cool case/cover or whatever accessory (i.e. spare battery or whatever) from eBay/Amazon or wherever it's cheap.

Also, here's a big one, I travel a lot internationally so I need an unlocked phone. I have a bunch of international sim cards that I'll pop in when I'm in that respective country. Any simple way to do this? Again, I have Sprint.

About me:

I don't watch movies on my phone or anything like that. I listen to music when I workout, use GPS occasionally, google things, etc.

So whatever would help a basic guy like me would be appreciated.

Thanks my people!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
App, I like Keep for notes, and Dots to kill time.

Accessories would definately be some kind of case. Try here: ShopAndroid - #1 Store for Android Accessories

As for traveling internationally, I am not familiar with that. I think the Device is GSM compatible, but calling Sprint and learning more would probably be best.

Depending on the size of your internal storage, you might want to consider putting your music on and SD card.

Shelter7

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I`m the other voice of your answer:), since I bought a Galaxy S4 Mini Europe and use it during my travels in US and Asia, it accepts any type of SIM card, I used mostly Orange and Vodafone, I think Sprint works in the same way
Besides the already recommended apps, I would suggest you Magisto Video Editor and Maker or Everything Home
Enjoy your Smart Mini!