Alternative headphones?

etceteraism

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone suggest some ear bud style headphones with volume control and mic that DONT go in ear? I hate the style that came with the phone-i find them uncomfortable and they're constantly popping out of my ear.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone suggest some ear bud style headphones with volume control and mic that DONT go in ear? I hate the style that came with the phone-i find them uncomfortable and they're constantly popping out of my ear.

But "ear bud style" headphones by definition do go in the ear. If you are looking for on ear headphones, Motorola makes a very good on-ear pair of Bluetooth headphones (which of course come with volume control, skip fwd/back, and mic): Amazon.com: Motorola S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headset w/ Microphone.

Edit: you also might want to consider getting a pack of different sized ear buds. One size definitely does not fit all, and the proper seal/fit of an earbud in the ear is essential for decent sound. If yours are so loose that they are falling out, you probably don't have much in the way of low end.

etceteraism

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I meant I'm looking for an ear bud style similar to that of the iPhone which has a flat speaker versus the kind that come standard with the galaxy s4 that protrude into the ear canal.

The problem is that my ear is very small. As I push them into my ear I can feel them working their way out. I have this same issue with earplugs.

nephipower

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I would like some input on what people have found that has a 3 button inline remote. I don't want earbuds that is supposed to be built for android but just has one inline remote button.

Just like iPhone headphones I want to be able to control volume via the buttons on the inline remote on the headphones.

I just see an announcement a few days ago from Jays that they are coming out with a new Jays Five line that will have a headphone specifically made for Android. However, they haven't said a release date or what Android models the headphones will be compatible with.

a-JAYS Five - Jays

nephipower

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
head-fi.org

Posting a link to headphone review site is not helpful. I have spend a while scouring the internet. I was reading through another thread how people were having a very hard time finding headphones that would do this for the HTC One.

So if you have found a specific pair I am interesting in hearing about that but just posting a link like that does not help.

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Posting a link to headphone review site is not helpful. I have spend a while scouring the internet. I was reading through another thread how people were having a very hard time finding headphones that would do this for the HTC One.

So if you have found a specific pair I am interesting in hearing about that but just posting a link like that does not help.
That forum is all things headphones, earphones & earbuds plus. They have a HTC One thread but if you are not willing to put work into what you want don't expect me to. I have a S4 and this is the S4 forum.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

nephipower

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
That forum is all things headphones, earphones & earbuds plus. They have a HTC One thread but if you are not willing to put work into what you want don't expect me to. I have a S4 and this is the S4 forum.

I guess you aren't able to see that I have spent a while searching. One indication is that if you have done much searching for earbuds with inline remotes most people say look for headphones that are made for Android. The problem with 99% of those out there now is that they say there are made for Android but really what that means is that they take away the volume up and down buttons that are available for iOS devices.

I have spent months looking for 3 button headphones for Android but there are hardly any out there. My point in saying I was reading another thread about people having a hard time finding headphones for the HTC One is that headphones that say they have three buttons that work for android don't work for all devices. People were buying earbuds that claimed to have volume buttons that worked but didn't actually work for the HTC One.

I have done a lot of work and personally interested in getting the S4 Google Experience device that will be coming out in about month or so. So let me spell it out for you

1) 3 button earbuds are hard to come by for Android
2) Even when you find out they don't work for all Android devices
3) I am looking for a set that actually has good audio quality too

I have done a bunch of research and haven't been able to find one that fits the bill. That is why I am putting out a call to see if anyone has found a solution. In particular, one that we know that works with the S4 hardware that is out there now.