Signal strength and reception

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
How is he signal strength and reception on the S4 on AT&T? I work in a signal challenged office and I need strong radios. Samsung has not cut it in the past and I have not been impressed by their radios. Have the radios improved this round?

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I've stayed away from Samsung because of signal issues...but I noticed something in the AT&T store the other day...

4svshtc1signal.jpg

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the photo using real stats. I guess the radios still need work. Is the Note better because it is a larger phone?
Just so your aware. The signal measurement is a negative number. So the S4 has a stronger signal in the picture. Physical phone size doesn't matter, it's the antenna design that counts. :)

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Just so your aware. The signal measurement is a negative number. So the S4 has a stronger signal in the picture. Physical phone size doesn't matter, it's the antenna design that counts. :)

Yes the S4 has a lower negative number but the S4 is in HSPA+ while the HTC One is on LTE so the S4's radios/ antenna is not powerful enough to hold LTE. The larger a phone there is theoretically more space topic an antenna. My iPad's reception is much better than my One? The alone fluctuates between 1-2 bars of HSPA+ while the larger iPad shows 2-3 bars and 5-10 dab stronger.