Text notification, vibrate but no sound. Text says Draft too.

jana_leigh14

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I had downloaded go sms pro to fix a group text issue (Which i never did resolve - so frustrating) and I had the setting checked off to make sure that I didn't get any notifications from my stock messaging app. I deleted the go sms pro app because it didn't solve my problems and I would rather use the stock app and now I don't get a sound when I get a text, just a vibrate. My sound settings are on. My whistle notification is selected under the messaging app settings but no sound, just vibrate. So i re downloaded go sms pro and went into that and un selected the setting that would shut off my stock app notifications and then deleted the app again but STILL NOTHING!! so frustrating!!

Also how come my message app with randomly tell me 'draft' beside someones name? All the texts have gone through as far as I know. So why is it randomly saving some as drafts? Have some texts not gone though? How do I know which ones?? UGH!

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I use the stock message app and I know in it's settings you can select a group text option on/off as default. You can also set different notifications and sounds. Try opening a message app and then go into it's settings to check out what you can change.

jana_leigh14

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can send a group text but with iPhones their replys will come back in private messages, no matter what I do. I am past that issue as I have tried absolutely every suggestion and it won't work. I have checked all of the sound settings in the message app settings and the phones sound settings and all the right boxes are checked.. I must have some weird glitch going on. It is really stupid. I love the new phone over the iphone, but I have been having a lot of troubles.

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I FIGURED IT OUT! I just had to go to settings > more > application manager > all > messaging > and check the 'show notifications' box.

Cool, you kinda went the long way about it. You could get to the notification box by opening that Messaging App Icon and then hitting the 'menu' button (next to the home button on your phone) and then hitting settings. That's what I was referring to.

Glad you got it sorted!

anon(7804508)

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a new S4 and I am having the same problem. I have checked all the settings and they are as they have been recommended here. If I do a 'restart' or 'power off' and turn back on, the message (message system that came with phone) works for a bit but then the sound stops while the vibration continues to work fine. Additionally, if I set the 'message alert repetition', it works as well with vibrate but notification sound doesn't work. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. The only way I've been able to fix it is to go into applications and "force stop" messaging then reboot the phone. It then works for a little while, but goes back to vibrate only mode again!!!!! HELP!!! I don't want to restore to factory settings!!

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks soooooo much jana_leigh14!!! I went through what I thought was every possible setting to get back the sound and notification bar notifications that I had lost weeks ago. I did a google search an saw your "I FIGURED IT OUT! I just had to go to settings > more > application manager > all > messaging > and check the 'show notifications' box." message. But if anyone is following this, you have got to do it carefully one step at a time following the steps to find -especially the "all" in Galaxy S2 Android 4.1.2. I had to swipe the screen a couple of times and looking carefully before I saw the "All". After many weeks of "stumbling across" incoming text messages, now I am in business again. I really did not want to reset my phone to factory settings and lose all the apps and changes I had made. Thanks sooooo much again!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress