S4 Camera blurry?

squidy666

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
So, my main camera on my s4 but my camera above the screen is crisp. I thought it was light or settings but I discovered something...

If I use the camera to take a photo at a few metres away its blurry. If I put the camera right up to the subject, as in a few inches away, it goes very, very clear.

I've checked settings and I've tried 4:3 and 16:9 but it seems like its stuck in macro mode. I've reset the settings but its still the same. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Posted via Android Central App

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Probably a stupid question, but are you making sure it's locked focus for the shots that are blurry? Also, what shooting conditions - brightly lit, dark, using flash, etc.? Do you have Anti-Shake turned on?

squidy666

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Sincerest apologies, I forgot about this thread. Focus is definitely locked, its usually on a bright sunny day also. The front camera is great and clear, but the back on is a blurry mess. Antishake isn't on, but I tried it with it on and it made no difference :(

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Sincerest apologies, I forgot about this thread. Focus is definitely locked, its usually on a bright sunny day also. The front camera is great and clear, but the back on is a blurry mess. Antishake isn't on, but I tried it with it on and it made no difference :(
All antishake does is increase the ISO so the camera can use a faster shutter speed. My only suggestion at this point would be to check the shutter speed data for some of the blurry shots. If it's relatively fast, such as 1/125 sec. or faster, then there's no obvious reason the picture should be blurry. It might be a faulty focus mechanism, but that's a wild guess.