Battery Problem?

BonMay

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Samsung Galaxy 4 for a few months. It has worked great, no problems. Last week, I left it in my purse for about 5 or six days with no activity, and found that the battery had apparently completely drained. So I charged it. Now, when I turn it on there is a full screen outline of a battery that says 100% and has the green filled in all the way to the top. I have never seen this symbol before, just the little icon at the top. Now, even with the charge saying 100%, I cannot get my phone to turn on so i can see the usual startup screen. If it is not plugged into the charger, I cannot even get the battery picture. If someone calls me, my phone does not ring and the call goes to voicemail. I am guessing that the problem is somehow relating to the battery draining completely down. Do I need to get a whole new battery?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried holding the power button down for a good 10-15 seconds? What you're describing sounds like what Android devices show when they're powered off but plugged into a charger, showing the battery status only--but it sounds like you haven't actually powered the device back on.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Samsung Galaxy 4 for a few months. It has worked great, no problems. Last week, I left it in my purse for about 5 or six days with no activity, and found that the battery had apparently completely drained. So I charged it. Now, when I turn it on there is a full screen outline of a battery that says 100% and has the green filled in all the way to the top. I have never seen this symbol before, just the little icon at the top. Now, even with the charge saying 100%, I cannot get my phone to turn on so i can see the usual startup screen. If it is not plugged into the charger, I cannot even get the battery picture. If someone calls me, my phone does not ring and the call goes to voicemail. I am guessing that the problem is somehow relating to the battery draining completely down. Do I need to get a whole new battery?

Welcome to the forums. The device probably did turn off like B. Diddy said. Push power till you feel the phone vibrate.
In the future, try not to let your device get that low. It's not good for the battery.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.