Stock Email App or Gmail App?

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
hi i just got the s4 yesterday after exchanging it for my htc one (loving my s4)

I email very little and I dont sync, I just refresh my email when I look at it, i mean ill check it once in a while just to see if I have anything new.

I know google apps use more battery but im not sure, should I use the built in email app and disable gmail OR use the stock email app?

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
hi i just got the s4 yesterday after exchanging it for my htc one (loving my s4)

I email very little and I dont sync, I just refresh my email when I look at it, i mean ill check it once in a while just to see if I have anything new.

I know google apps use more battery but im not sure, should I use the built in email app and disable gmail OR use the stock email app?

I use both. I use Gmail for Gmail and the stock Email app for Microsoft Outlook. If I was in your situation, I would just use Gmail and then monitor the battery usage in the settings to so how much of your battery that you are using and if it is acceptable to you.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I use both. The gmail app has not been a problem. It's mainly location functions in Google apps that cause data & battery use issues.

Posted via Android Central App