Photo's going on facebook

Rimaor

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
This is driving me crazy. How to stop pictures that I've taken going on to facebook ready for upload. They are not being uploaded as I stopped synchronisation. But they are showing up on facebook photo icon ticked ready for download. Feel like completely uninstaling facebook app and using facebook through browser. Please help as I'm loosing my patience here.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you have Facebook's photo syncing turned on. Open the facebook app, click on Menu->settings and check the "Sync Photos" option to make sure it's turned off.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No option as of yet. I'm not sure if this was only introduced with the Beta versions (I've noticed the same thing since two or three versions ago) or if it's been rolled out entirely. But still, REALLY annoying.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you have Facebook's photo syncing turned on. Open the facebook app, click on Menu->settings and check the "Sync Photos" option to make sure it's turned off.

Nope, he's not turning that on (stated on the OP). I don't have sync on, either. It's just that, now, Facebook's app ALWAYS shows how many pictures you've taken with your camera since the last time you opened the app (nasty little badge on the "Photos" tab inside the app) and assumes you'll want to upload them. Going out of the app and coming back in? Not helpful. The badge is still there unless you go to the Photos tab and then choose not to upload a thing.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Nope, he's not turning that on (stated on the OP). I don't have sync on, either. It's just that, now, Facebook's app ALWAYS shows how many pictures you've taken with your camera since the last time you opened the app (nasty little badge on the "Photos" tab inside the app) and assumes you'll want to upload them. Going out of the app and coming back in? Not helpful. The badge is still there unless you go to the Photos tab and then choose not to upload a thing.

Is that for the latest version or just the Beta release? I'm on the latest released app and don't have that label on any pictures I've taken.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't see the # on the photo icon in the standard fb app, but when I click the app I do get a grid of pictures on the phone and it asks me if I want to upload them to fb. As with other posters, I have photo sync turned off in the app. I can't find a way to get rid of the grid to get to my existing online fb photos. Irritating, but I'm not sure there's anything to do about it. I'd suggest using the "report a problem" setting in the fb app to send a message to fb about it.

Rimaor

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Sync is definitely turned off as it was uploading them on straight away. I've turned off sync and it just comes on ready to be uploaded. Since my son keeps taking pictures off cat its so annoying ti have to untick them...

- - - Updated - - -

Sync is definitely turned off as it was uploading them on straight away. I've turned off sync and it just comes on ready to be uploaded. Since my son keeps taking pictures off cat its so annoying ti have to untick them...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The shutter sound can only be turned off if you set your phone to Vibrate or Silent mode.

@srkmagnus The 'bug' or future feature seems to be 'affecting' the Beta Program only... that or only Galaxy S4.

@STSVA That photo button is to upload photos, not to access your albums (all the three buttons in there are to upload something, not to check something). If you need to access your albums you need to either go to your profile and select the Photos tab or slide the left menu and select "Photos".

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
The shutter sound can only be turned off if you set your phone to Vibrate or Silent mode.

@srkmagnus The 'bug' or future feature seems to be 'affecting' the Beta Program only... that or only Galaxy S4.

@STSVA That photo button is to upload photos, not to access your albums (all the three buttons in there are to upload something, not to check something). If you need to access your albums you need to either go to your profile and select the Photos tab or slide the left menu and select "Photos".

That's very helpful - thanks!