LED problem

chenala

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I've had a look through the threads already and didn't find anyone with my query.

I've just bought the i9505 in Australia, and nothing has been tweaked regarding my LED, and it's not rooted. Under the stock LED indicator settings (also don't have any LED apps like Light Flow), all four boxes are ticked. So there's red when it is charging or low battery, and blue for notifications and voice recording. I also understand that when it's fully charged it is green.

The last few days, app notifications have been blinking blue,which is as it's supposed to, whereas just earlier today it has begun to blink green, at a faster rate too. It is also off charge.

Does anyone have any clues as to what could have gone wrong? I am highly sure I haven't changed any app settings regarding the lights and have provided pretty much all the relevant information I can think of.

Last edited:

JohnBB101

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nexus 4 and faced a similar problem where the LED flashed whichever color it felt like, regardless of the notification. I started using LightFlow there's a free version too...I'd recommend it

chenala

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I've tried Light Flow (free version), it worked initially but soon after it stopped flashing altogether, and it the free version didn't support many apps, so I went back to the stock one.

So after just dealing with it for a few days, I've noticed it doesn't flash blue for all notifications; but it actually varies. For Facebook it's been blue, Snapchat has been green with a red light underneath so I assume it's yellow-y, and twitter has been green. Therefore the colours of notifications have been different for each app, so I assume there's not much I can do anyways considering there are limited stock settings. I'll probably give Light Flow another go when I get sick of this, but I'll go along with how it is now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress