Time for a rant about the LACK of the 4.3 update to Canadians!

Dickey68

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing about 4.3 that is important enough to be upset about not getting. Be thankful you hadn't got it. When you do you will really have a reason to be upset. I wish I never accepted this update.

Posted via Android Central App

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing about 4.3 that is important enough to be upset about not getting. Be thankful you hadn't got it. When you do you will really have a reason to be upset. I wish I never accepted this update.

There is a HUGE update that is important in 4.3 and that is Galaxy Gear support.

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Just woke up (6:30am) and checked for my update and Bell has begun pushing them out! Did not get an OTA, but when I manually checked it started downloading the package.

sfilansno1fan

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
well i hope it works out better for you then it has most users :)
Just woke up (6:30am) and checked for my update and Bell has begun pushing them out! Did not get an OTA, but when I manually checked it started downloading the package.

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
No issues so far! Everything seems to be working perfectly but I guess I won't fully know until a few days go by lol.

Actually maybe you could answer a question, has Samsung replaced their stock messaging app with hangouts? Can't find it anywhere lol

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
No issues so far! Everything seems to be working perfectly but I guess I won't fully know until a few days go by lol.

Actually maybe you could answer a question, has Samsung replaced their stock messaging app with hangouts? Can't find it anywhere lol

Stock messaging App? I have never used it so wouldn't know. But glad to hear it's working well. GO CANADA!

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Verizon went ahead and now their users have the 4.3 software and the following bonus features:

• Appalling battery life, even when charging
  • Screen blackouts
  • Voice recognition broken
  • Wi-Fi instability problems, constant reconnecting
  • Wi-Fi guest network login problems
  • Constant switching between 3G/4G and Wi-Fi networks
  • Text messaging contact issues
  • Verizon car charger does not work
  • Mobile data icon missing
  • Music player self-launching
  • Bluetooth audio cutting out
  • Slower performance
  • Widget problems, Air View not working
  • Screen rotation broken

FYI Finished installing the 4.3 upgrade earlier this morning on my S4 via Telus. And I haven't had any of these issues you listed. EXCEPT the "Mobile data icon missing" as you say.
This is not missing, it was removed. Personally it's rare I turn off my mobile data, and I am more than happy to go into my settings if for some reason I needed to turn it off or on.
No need for a Quick Icon.
So long story short. Maybe Verizon should have taken more time testing it in the lab before being FIRST in the USA to push it out to it's users.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
FYI Finished installing the 4.3 upgrade earlier this morning on my S4 via Telus. And I haven't had any of these issues you listed. EXCEPT the "Mobile data icon missing" as you say.
This is not missing, it was removed. Personally it's rare I turn off my mobile data, and I am more than happy to go into my settings if for some reason I needed to turn it off or on.
No need for a Quick Icon.
So long story short. Maybe Verizon should have taken more time testing it in the lab before being FIRST in the USA to push it out to it's users.

So so happy your update went perfectly and you have no glitches, problems or issues with your new 4.3. That is awesome. I only wish all the other carriers could be so wonderful as your Telus and 100% test every update before it is released. We need to talk to them about this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38