Lock Screen & Ripple Effect

Nevada6372

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the S4, T-Mobile, using Holo HD Launcher instead of Touchwiz, and the phone is rooted, but no other customizations to it. For the lock screen, it was always set to Swipe with the Ripple Effect set...so if the phone was locked, I swiped, and it unlocked. Now all of a sudden, I have a lock on the lock screen which when swiped to the right, unlocks the phone, to the left will open up the camera, and to the top will open a Google search. I cannot for life of me figure out how this was enabled, but switching the lock screen options doesn't seem to help. If I enable the PIN security for example, and the screen is locked, I will still have to open using the lock icon, then enter the pin. If I switched back to Touchwiz, same thing, the lock has to be opened first, then the PIN. If I set to no lock screen whatsoever, then I don't have either, but I cannot use any security without having the lock icon on the screen in addition to the other unlocking options. Anyone know how to remove the lock icon so I can get back to the standard Ripple Effect I was used to? Thanks.

Eric

NexusNick123

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Under setting in device then lock screen take off pin disable lock screen widgets and down more you will see effects then select ripple. I maybe not have the right wording been a long time since i had a galaxy deice.

I have the S4, T-Mobile, using Holo HD Launcher instead of Touchwiz, and the phone is rooted, but no other customizations to it. For the lock screen, it was always set to Swipe with the Ripple Effect set...so if the phone was locked, I swiped, and it unlocked. Now all of a sudden, I have a lock on the lock screen which when swiped to the right, unlocks the phone, to the left will open up the camera, and to the top will open a Google search. I cannot for life of me figure out how this was enabled, but switching the lock screen options doesn't seem to help. If I enable the PIN security for example, and the screen is locked, I will still have to open using the lock icon, then enter the pin. If I switched back to Touchwiz, same thing, the lock has to be opened first, then the PIN. If I set to no lock screen whatsoever, then I don't have either, but I cannot use any security without having the lock icon on the screen in addition to the other unlocking options. Anyone know how to remove the lock icon so I can get back to the standard Ripple Effect I was used to? Thanks.

Eric

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you have default (AOSP) lockscreen instead of the Touchwiz one.

Have you checked to see if the launcher you are running has replaced the default TW lockscreen?

Nevada6372

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. So when you mentioned AOSP, I used to run the BeanStalk ROM on my S3, and that uses everything AOSP, which I liked...and when I switched to the S4, I hadn't loaded a new ROM on it, but the Holo Launcher has the same feel, and I even dowloaded the Google keyboard which is AOSP, since I liked that better than the stock Samsung keyboard. Anyhow, that got me thinking that the lock screen has to be controlled through Holo....but I've been through Holo's menus for the launcher, and nothing about the lock screen...I started going through the apps and there's a separate app called Holo Locker, I disabled the Locker, and now it's fixed. I can't believe I hadn't noticed that app before, but I thought the settings had to be within the launcher or the standard system settings and never thought to look for another app...Thanks for helping to end this few days of frustration trying to figure this out!

Eric

The Xperia l

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Nick how could i get the ripple effect on sony xperia l
P.S i have not rooted my fone and don't want to do it either but want the ripple effect like the galaxy fones.
THNX