S4 Display Smearing / Ghost Problem
I am experiencing Display / Screen smearing/ghosting issue in my S4. When I scroll in menu I encounter black background. Besides that, sometimes i also encounter a purple haze on the grey bits of the menu and elsewhere. The effect is more noticeable when the brightness is turned down. Any solution for this? I have tried another Original display but I am encountering similar problem. I have already re-soldered display connector pins and checked each pin personally via Multi-meter, as well as other surrounding components. Any help is highly appreciated.
- 02-12-2014, 10:00 AM #2
- 02-16-2014, 11:56 AM #4
- 02-20-2014, 10:31 PM #6
Re: S4 Display Smearing / Ghost Problem
For example , if you put a plain black background , you will see that entire screen appears as if its turned off completely.That's because AMOLEDs have special ability to display "100%" blacks which you don't find it in any LCD.
When you scroll black background with white fonts or fast moving white objects , each of the "pixel sets" must go back and forth between 0 and 255 values because black and white have values of 0 and 255 for Red,Green and Blue.
This results in more ghosting effect in extreme low brightness and less problem at higher brightness but it still exists.
On LCDs , blacks are unnatural , blacks appear as "greyish black shade" , so contrast ratio is quite less and that's why they generally don't seem to exhibit this effect.
- 02-23-2014, 01:29 PM #8
- 02-25-2014, 12:56 PM #9
- 02-25-2014, 09:15 PM #10
- By Subhadeep Kanungo in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 13Last Post: 02-15-2014, 03:07 AM
- By The_Ironfrogman in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 02-14-2014, 01:05 AM
- By monsow in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 7Last Post: 02-12-2014, 09:17 AM
- By usmanyousaf in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 4Last Post: 02-12-2014, 07:56 AM
- By Oh_no_bro in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 02-12-2014, 12:00 AM