Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How Low Does your Free/Available Memory Go Down to?

I have an unrooted S4 with Verizon. Lately, I found the available/free memory goes down to 25%. I use S4 mainly for phone, email, IM, and some apps like Chrome and Facebook. I installed an app called Memory Booster Lite. Basically, it just kills processes to free up memory. Each time, after the "boost", my S4 feels a bit snappier.

I don't have a lot of apps running. In fact, I have turned off a lot of stock apps to make the phone snappy and battery last longer. When I use Android's Application manager to view the running apps. I don't see too many apps running either. Strangely, if I add up the memory use for each app, as shown on the Application manager's running processes, I get a number that is much lower than the claimed used RAM on the bottom of the screen. Maybe it does not count all the memory use?

Is this typical? Or I should further investigate the low memory issue? I had a HTC Droid DNA before. I don't remember that the memory went down to that low.