"OK, Google" on S4?

PhobicCarrot

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I am running the newest version of Nova Launcher Prime and am interested in using the "OK, Google" functionality. However, the little mic symbol is always in the outline shape, indicating that it is not listening for the hotword.

Is there a way to access this on an S4 (w/o rooting)?

PhobicCarrot

May 24, 2013
Visit site
No responses?

Does that mean that (1) I am the only one with this issue, (2) this issue has been beaten to death, (3) everyone has this issue and there is no solution, or (4) no one cares?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a mic symbol on my note 3 with Nova prime, but the ok Google functionality works.

What happens when you say ok Google from a home screen?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

SJBBF

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Same here.. have latest Nova on my S4. No mike seen, just say 'ok Google' and it activates.

Posted via Android Central App

electricpete

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Nova was updated within the last week to 3.0.1

There is now a setting to enable ok Google keyword any time you're at the launcher. In the settings are some explanations about how this feature is disabled in a noisy environment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
There are two widgets for the Google search bar in your widgets drawer. One of them works with OK Google, the other doesn't.

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
If you use Nova's OK Google feature meaning it's the one that puts the persistent search bar there it should work. You should get the Android is listening noise

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non