Could I have contracted a virus/malware on my S4?

A

AC Question

Could I have contracted a virus/malware on my S4

Hi, i was recently browsing shady websites on my S4. It caused some popups in the firefox browser and I was trying to open some streaming videos. My question is, could I have contracted some bad malware on my phone. Lookout scanner says there is no problem.

However, today my phone froze in the middle of a phone call and after awhile it says your phone has stopped responding and asked to 'wait" or some other option. I just turned the phone off and turned it back on, no problems.

Please let me know if there is a way i can make sure there is no malware. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Could I have contracted a virus/malware on my S4

Welcome to Android Central! As long as you didn't accept any downloads or app installations, it is very unlikely that your phone is infected with malware. Never ever click on popup boxes if you're not sure about their origin--just hit the back button to get out of them. It would be a good idea to clear the Firefox cache--go to Settings>Apps>All, select Firefox, and Clear Cache.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Could I have contracted a virus/malware on my S4

Lookout is OK. I use it myself. There are also various plug ins you could look at from Lookout that are in the Play Store.

You could get a paid AV program...

Most likely it is just a hickup. Do you reboot your phone regularly? If not, this last reboot you did may have fixed the issue. Your phone should be rebooted once in awhile (like every week or so). I wouldn't worry too much unless it repeats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez