Why are "Miscellaneous Files" taking up so much space??

angiekae68

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Grand Prime with a 28G external SD card. I have moved all apps, pictures, music, etc. to the SD card. All downloaded songs/playlists through apps, such as Spotify, are automatically downloaded to the SD card, yet still, "Miscellaneous Files" in "Storage" shows over 300mb of files. When I click on it to see and delete the files, there are only a few files in there, and they are all very small, kb, files. What are those other files, and where are they?? I've already removed all of the apps that I don't use, but still I'm running out of storage space on my device, and I can't transfer anything else to the SD card. I have searched this problem numerous times, and no one seems to have an answer that works for me. I have already tried "Clean Master". It did delete them, but it also slowed down, and overheated my phone, so I had to uninstall it. Can anyone help?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Other than agreeing that Clean Master should be avoided MORE than Ebola, I don't know other than to say that the Misc Files and extra storage probably includes the cache and any apps that are on the SD card also have a portion on the device itself.