Otterbox Symmetry or Spigen Neo Hybrid?

jackrock

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking about the Otterbox Symmetry & Spigen Neo Hybrid as case options and would appreciate any feedback on either of them.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking about the Otterbox Symmetry & Spigen Neo Hybrid as case options and would appreciate any feedback on either of them.

I have the Neo Hybrid and it's great. Adds some size but I don't think it's huge. I tried the Otterbox and is even bigger.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
The neo hybrid looks better.

Posted via Android Central App

That it does. If you are looking for something from Spigen that has similiar looks but a little better protection, check this out:

Amazon.com: Spigen? [Heavy Duty] Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Protective [Armor] [Tough Armor Gunmetal] Dual Layer EXTREME Protection Cover Heavy Duty Case for Galaxy S5 / Galaxy SV / Galaxy S V (2014) - Gunmetal (SGP10762): Cell Phones & Accessories

I ordered one also. I will post pics once it gets here on Tuesday.

jackrock

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the Neo Hybrid and it's great. Adds some size but I don't think it's huge. I tried the Otterbox and is even bigger.

thanks. I hadn't found anyone that had used the Otterbox Symmetry and I wasn't sure how they compared in term of size/bulk.

jackrock

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Here are the 2 cases:
1. Spigen Neo Hybrid Amazon.com: Spigen? [METALLIZED BUTTONS] Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Protective [Neo Hybrid] [Metal Slate]
2. Otterbox Symmetry Amazon.com: Otterbox Symmetry Series for Samsung Galaxy S5

Personally I like the Spigen Neo Hybrid a little bit more, although the Symmetry probably is a good choice too. The protection that the Spigen Neo Hybrid should be good enough for most people and it seems less bulky than the Otterbox Symmetry.

I've been trying to decide which is bulkier. Thank.

schwanz583

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
That it does. If you are looking for something from Spigen that has similiar looks but a little better protection, check this out:

Amazon.com: Spigen? [Heavy Duty] Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Protective [Armor] [Tough Armor Gunmetal] Dual Layer EXTREME Protection Cover Heavy Duty Case for Galaxy S5 / Galaxy SV / Galaxy S V (2014) - Gunmetal (SGP10762): Cell Phones & Accessories

I ordered one also. I will post pics once it gets here on Tuesday.

Let me know how the two compare. I ordered the tough armor but like the neo hybrid to... I'd like to see how the two compare..

jackrock

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Did you get the Otterbox Symmetry? I'm considering it but would like to hear from someone who has one.

No, not all colors are available yet and I don't like the ones that are. I got a Spigen for now but that hard shell is very slippery, I am afraid the phone will pop out of my hand so I will be replacing it with something grippy.

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
No, not all colors are available yet and I don't like the ones that are. I got a Spigen for now but that hard shell is very slippery, I am afraid the phone will pop out of my hand so I will be replacing it with something grippy.

What one is slippery? The tough or slim? Hope not the Neo.

jackrock

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry the slim. I imagine any like it would be the same with the plastic shell. I didn't get the neo because of some of the reviews talking about the buttons. I would think it would be a little slippery with the smooth edging. I want a case that has good grip in my hand and at least some grip when I put it down. This spigen slides all around if set down and the surface it's on moves a little.

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I got mine about an hour ago, it's the white & gray one and it looks good on my white S5. It seems pretty good so far but I was hoping it would have a little more of a rubber feel so it feels more grippy. I keep seeing people talk about several Spigen cases but a lot of the reviews are that they are slippery.

schwanz583

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I've got the tough armor and it's not slippery at all, in fact it has a rubbery soft touch feel to it but doesn't stick to the inside if the pocket. Extremely happy with it so far!!

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The Neo Hybrid is an absolutely sexy looking case. The red one makes my S5 look like a fancy sports car. It gets a 10 for looks. Ergonomics, however, is a different story (at least for me). The case is just too squared off and blocky. This makes one handed use difficult for me. Also, the materials on the back and bumper are more "slippy" than "grippy." For those that value a nice, secure grip, I'd look elsewhere. But dang is it sexy. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jackrock

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I've got the tough armor and it's not slippery at all, in fact it has a rubbery soft touch feel to it but doesn't stick to the inside if the pocket. Extremely happy with it so far!!

The pictures I've seen make it look like it has a hard plastic shell that looks slippery. Is it actually a rubbery case then?

carbear02

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
anyone else have the spiegn case get all scratched up? i switched to otter box hoping the plastic would be more scratch resistant.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez