Galaxy S5: How's everyone's battery life so far?

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Can't send MMS or check voice mail over wifi on Verizon....have to be connected to 4G. I used to be able to do both of these on Sprint.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Nicolemarae

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
My battery drains really quick. I use it moderately throughout the day. I'm going to try a factory reset today and see if it helps. If not I'm going to see if I can exchange the phone. I get like a days use...maybe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SteveyAsp

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I've found with all Samsung's a factory reset in it's early life does it a world of good!
I also then add Apps slowly and individually to see if each one makes a difference to the battery

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That sucks, saves a ton a battery lol.

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

I doubt it would affect battery unless ur sending MMS 5 times a minute

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Yeah it wouldn't.. You'd have to be sending a ton to keep the radio active.. Which then would be a drain. A quick picture here and there won't cause much usage :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Isn't getting a days use good? I used my heavily for 17 hours yesterday and when I went to bed it was at 37%. That's better than most devices, better than my laptop, my Tab 2 or anything for the most part.

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Guys this is my secon htc one m8 im still unsure if this is battery is ok..or should i just switch to s5. I have a couple of days to still have the return

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Guys this is my secon htc one m8 im still unsure if this is battery is ok..or should i just switch to s5. I have a couple of days to still have the return

S5 FTW brotha... But seriously all depends on what you want in your smartphone.

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

LJ Washington

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: How's everyone's battery life so far?

AMEN! Their must be some clinical latin term for this Battery Obsession! Just use it and enjoy, these forum feed on themselves and cause you to think your phone is faulty. Not the case everyone uses the phone differently. But as you said whats the use if you have everything turned off and a back and white screen? Battery Obsession is a sad thing.

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Heres my batt life on htc one m8....still this is my 3rd day using my m8

Attachments

• 1398784979174.jpg
    1398784979174.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 50

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
My battery drains really quick. I use it moderately throughout the day. I'm going to try a factory reset today and see if it helps. If not I'm going to see if I can exchange the phone. I get like a days use...maybe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I would love to get an entire day with moderate use. My battery is absoltely terrible on my gs5. I got a replacement yesterday so hopefully it is better today. I took it to Samsung yesterday and it was at 88%. The guy plugged it in to diagnose it and about 10 minutes later it was at 79%. He looked at me and goes "Ya thats not good."

peteypab2133

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Not toooo bad. Dont use my phone like others though because I have multiple galaxy phones but im still getting decent life.

myse9ane.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87