Samsung Galaxy S5 Camera widget lockscreen

mitchyhill

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know how to get the quick access camera on the lockscreen?
New to android, have played with all the settings... I've seen pretty much everyone other S5 have a quick access to their camera on the lockscreen besides mine.
Also has anyone figured out the god damn shutter sound yet? So annoying

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Settings > Lock screen > Camera shortcut. No idea about the shutter noise specifically. I keep my phone on vibrate or silent pretty much exclusively which takes care of it I suppose.

hellrazor69

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
You must be in Australia ? I have the same issue and spoke to samsung live chat and they said "Unfortunately the Australian models of the S5 do not have the feature where you can add a camera shortcut to the Lock Screen."
This sucks, ive tried using 3rd party apps and the shortcuts still wont work!

motheroyster

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
You must be in Australia ? I have the same issue and spoke to samsung live chat and they said "Unfortunately the Australian models of the S5 do not have the feature where you can add a camera shortcut to the Lock Screen."

How frustrating! Camera shortcut and shutter noise are a big deal for me. I take photos constantly, and the noise is a pain in the ***. And seriously, no lock screen shortcut? Even my iPhone had that :(

Sent from my SM-G900I using Mobile Nations mobile app

mitchyhill

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, this sucks.. definitely a let down. Hopefully they do an update for Australian users to enable the feature, if that's even possible

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Mine is the same. I don't know why they do this it's stupid. Though i know someone with an S5 on Optus and they have shortcuts. I bought mine outright but should'nt be different.

redhat1001

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Not totally positive, but Australian law may require the phone camera to have a sounds when taking pics.....

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I've spoke to some people here in aus with an S5 that have the shortcut.I don't though :(
Most display S5's have it.The model number in about device on them is different too. An X instead of I on the end of the number.

Tiny400

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
We're in Sydney,
Wife has Samsung brand flip case (whatever it's called)
and the camera widget is automatically on the screen when viewing through the window!!!!

Cant get it on mine in otterbox.

Spewing!

daniiks

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the S5 with Optus in Australia and I don't have the option to have the camera on the lock screen or to silence the shutter.. which I didn't know when I got the phone on the contract. I wish they would do an "what you dont get if you're in Australia" memo! :mad:

Joseph Coope

May 14, 2014
Visit site
auto lockscreen i think good for you just lock screen after don't touch it 2 or 3 min and go to camera settings to turn off the shutter sound