So when do you think....

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So when do you think Samsung will push Tizen onto their phones? Note 4? S6? Will they drop Android altogether? We all know the relationship between Samsung and Google has been rocky (hence why Tizen may have come about). Thoughts?

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5

Last edited:

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
So when do you think Samsung will push Zizen onto their phones? Note 4? S6? Will they drop Android altogether? We all know the relationship between Samsung and Google has been rocky (hence why Zizen may have come about). Thoughts?

Zizen?! lol......I believe you mean Tizen! :)

Although I can see it now from the haters.......Samsung's Zzzzzzzzizen is quite the bore! LMAO!

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I think they will have a different lineup for Tizen.

I think so too; kind of like with the new Gear watches (except for the Fit). Maybe they will use it for low end devices.

It's possible though. Users don't care, most people don't even know they are running Android, or think they have a "droid" phone.

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Tizen has always been intended to be for their low end phones for developing nations,but I can imagine Samsung likes to have Tizen in it's back pocket in case Google gets too "pushy" in it's requirements for Android licensing! There is a good reason Samsung is spending so much money developing TouchWiz, all it's own, apps, services and app store! Sammy could switch to Tizen on any phone it sells and most people would never know it! You would be using the same TouchWiz and just be clicking into the Sammy store instead of the Play Store!
While I'm sure this will spur ALL kinds of debate, how big do you actually think Android would be today if you take Samsung out of the picture the last 3 years!? Surely much less then the 50+% it has today!
And keep in mind, the vast majority of users are going into the store buying Galaxy phones...NOT Android phones!

Cheers

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Zizen?! lol......I believe you mean Tizen! :)

Although I can see it now from the haters.......Samsung's Zzzzzzzzizen is quite the bore! LMAO!

Yes I did mean Tizen. Auto correct failed me pretty good there. Not even sure where Zizen came from lol. Edit for failure....

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Tizen has always been intended to be for their low end phones for developing nations,but I can imagine Samsung likes to have Tizen in it's back pocket in case Google gets too "pushy" in it's requirements for Android licensing! There is a good reason Samsung is spending so much money developing TouchWiz, all it's own, apps, services and app store! Sammy could switch to Tizen on any phone it sells and most people would never know it! You would be using the same TouchWiz and just be clicking into the Sammy store instead of the Play Store!
While I'm sure this will spur ALL kinds of debate, how big do you actually think Android would be today if you take Samsung out of the picture the last 3 years!? Surely much less then the 50+% it has today!
And keep in mind, the vast majority of users are going into the store buying Galaxy phones...NOT Android phones!

Cheers

Technically the Galaxy is an Android phone. People would notice if they dropped Android altogether in my opinion. People still know to use the Google features (GMail, Maps, Search, Chrome and to a lessor extend Hangouts as well as many they don't even know they are using.) People would definitely notice a Samsung App store compared to the Play Store. The Samsung Store only supports Samsung based apps. Look at the trouble Windows and Blackberry have had with their smartphones, a lot of it because of a poor app store (among other things of course). I can't see the Samsung Apps competing with the Play Store and the Apple store.

I will also say to the Samsung phones had some trouble early on. The Motorola and phones and HTC kick started the market, Samsung really started kicking in with the S3 and Note, but honestly I don't really see people not noticing the Android features missing from the phone. People flock to the Samsung now because it is so marketed. Motorola still has had some pretty decent success quietly. Just not as marketed, and it is more just Verizon, so it doesn't have the wide spread popularity because of the availability to other carriers.

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
It would be kinda cool to be able to duel boot into either one ;) but I would definitely not be buying a non android Sammy phone that's for sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
It would be kinda cool to be able to duel boot into either one ;) but I would definitely not be buying a non android Sammy phone that's for sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Dual booting or integrating the two somehow would be cool. It's all about the experience. Google just has to much pull now ( ask Apple lol), to drop them wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So when do you think Samsung will push Tizen onto their phones? Note 4? S6? Will they drop Android altogether? We all know the relationship between Samsung and Google has been rocky (hence why Tizen may have come about). Thoughts?

I don't think that they will push it onto high end smartphones like the n3 or s5, at least for some time. Samsung needs Google because a number of people using Samsung are used to using some Google apps. This is a major pitfall of wp.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't see Tizen being the next mobile OS, small connected devices like Gear but who knows. If they do it will likely be a low cost asia specific phone to compete with the low price point android OEM's out of China.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Yall do realize Sammy is releasing a Tizen phone in Quarter 2 of this year....

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yall do realize Sammy is releasing a Tizen phone in Quarter 2 of this year....

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

But I doubt it would be a high end phone....

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
If Samesung drops Android, their sales will drop like a ton of bricks, especially in the U.S., IMO. I don't think that they are that dumb, that they don't know which side that their bread is buttered.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is supposed to be a high end phone with high end specs.

They might make an option like the s5 with tizen or Android , but they won't make either the s5 or note 3 exclusively tizen at this time

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch